Domus Aurea tour with priority entrance and virtual reality
- Explore one of Rome’s fundamental historical heritages and the largest imperial residence in the world
- Discover the site's history and learn about the tumultuous events surrounding its construction
- Marvel at the stunning ancient frescos and marble-decorated walls, and visit the underground lakes
- Dive into the history of Nero's Golden House thanks to an immersive reality experience, multimedia installations and video commentary
Discover the Domus Aurea – Rome’s imperial residence, designed by Emperor Nero – and dive into the history of one of the most interesting and complex buildings ever built.
Centuries ago, walking down its corridors and through its rooms, you could marvel at the mosaics, marble furnishings, and you could even walk straight into a rotating dining room that continuously covered the guests with flower petals and perfume. Some of these wonders even remain intact today!
Artists and prominent historical figures like Michelangelo, Casanova, the Marquis de Sade and many others contributed to decorating this unique palace, with numerous frescoes, ceilings and vaults. The imperial residence is now an active archaeological site that, at the weekends, you have the chance to visit and uncover.
In addition to the traditional tour, an innovative project has been created to make sure that your visit of the Domus Aurea is as complete as it can be: the 12-step guided tour is combined with Oculus Rift virtual reality and video narration to improve the visitor’s immersive experience inside the history of this captivating archaeological area.
Thanks to multimedia installations, video mapping and virtual reality, the visit to the Domus Aurea has become an experience like no other; a true voyage through time and the fascinating enhancement of one of Rome’s fundamental cultural heritages.
- Musement assistance at the meeting point
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Domus Aurea, Nero's Golden House
- 1-hour guided tour with Oculus Rift Virtual Reality headsets
- Children (0-6 years): reduced
Viale del Monte Oppio, 00184 Rome RM, Italy
In front of the entrance of park 'Colle Oppio' at the corner between Via Nicola Salvi and Via Labicana. You'll find a Musement representative waiting to welcome you and escort you inside.
- Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the selected time
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes
- Inside the site, the temperature is often considerably lower than outside so please dress accordingly
- We don't recommend the use of the Oculus Rift for children under 13 or people with epilepsy
- Bookings cannot be modified or refunded
- Please note: From 24 March 2020 to 10 January 2021, due to the exhibition "Raphael and the Domus Aurea, The invention of the Grotesques" the entrance ticket to the Domus Aurea will be increased by €6. The integration of the ticket allows you to visit the exhibition set up in the Aula Ottagona
Saturday and Sunday:
- English tour at 1.20pm
- Italian tour at 2.05pm
Discover the main monuments of the Roman Empire in Rome on a 3-hour small-group tour of the imperial...
Breeze past the long queues in St Peter’s square and go straight into the Vatican for a day of art a...
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeol...
Follow in the footsteps of gladiators accessing the Colosseum through the Gladiators' gate! Enjoy fa...
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci; artist, engineer, sculptor, arc...
If you would prefer to visit the Borghese Gallery and Museum in Rome at your own leisure, without a ...
Discover the soul of the Eternal City by joining a tour of some of Rome’s most stunning hidden gems ...
Take part in an underground journey that will take through the lives of the citizens of ancient Rome...
Are you looking for an original way to discover the Eternal City? Here’s a tour that combines a visi...
Your discovery of Rome's ancient history will start with you riding a comfortable trekking bike, gui...