Colosseum and Roman Forum guided tour for small groups
See the wonders of ancient Rome in a way that most people don't! Jump the queues with an expert professional guide in a small group. Be prepared to discover:
- The history of the Colosseum, its location and contexts
- The evidence of Nero’s great fire
- The construction and architecture of the building
- The grisly detail of the games and the gladiators
- The Colosseum from multiple viewpoints and how it functioned
- The truth about the many myths surrounding the place
- The Arch of Constantine
- The Palatine Hill, where emperors built their palaces and Romulus fought Remus
- The Forum’s many buildings and historic layers explained
- The Temple of Vesta, the Arch of Septimius Severus, and the Curia
Your guide will leave the group in the central area of the Forum where you can relax and take pictures, continuing the visit on your own, or moving on.
(Download this pdf for the initial meeting point)
Piazza del Colosseo, 58, 00184 Rome, Italy
On Via dei Fori Imperiali in front of the newspaper stand at the exit of metro B, station Colosseum.
- Please note: due to mandatory security metal detector checks, the waiting time at the entrance line to the Colosseum is about 90 minutes. The 'skip-the-line' tickets allow you to skip the ticket purchasing line, not the mandatory security checks
- The provider is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum and Roman Forum because of strikes, union meetings, bad weather, etc.
- Amendments and cancellation can only be made 72 hours prior to the booked time and date
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 9.50am
- The tour does not run on the first Sunday of each month
- Meet at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour
- Free admission for the first Sundays of the month will now be limited to the months of January-March and October-December
- The following days you can access the site with free admission and without advance sale: 9 May, 5 June, 29 June, 23 September, 4 October, 4 November
- Free admission without advance sale is also provided on the last Thursday of May-June (30 May; 27 June) and September-November (26 September; 31 October; 28 November) for the last three hours of opening of the sites
Walk in the footsteps of Roman emperors and citizens on a two hours and a half tour of Ancient Rome,...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeol...
Rome is famous also for its beautiful squares, portrayed in many movies. Visit them in this guided t...
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
Begin your day with a visit to two of the most important Basilicas in the world; the Basilicas of Sa...
Let the Eternal City enchant you as you stroll through its picturesque cobblestone alleyways and dis...
Every Wednesday people from all over the world gather to see Pope Francis in Rome. This time is rese...
Discover the historic center of Rome on a fun 3-hour bike tour filled with the best monuments, piazz...
Join the tour and combine a panoramic tour with morning skip the line access to the Vatican Museums....