Begin your journey to the historical city of Petra after being picked up from your hotel in Dead Sea in an air-conditioned vehicle. You will then enter the site through the 1-kilometer gorge of the Siq where you will see the dazzling colors and rock formations up close. Marvel at the monuments carved into the pink rock face by the Nabateans over 2,000 years ago, exploring their extraordinary engineering skills. You will then catch your first sight of Al Khazneh, being overwhelmed by the natural beauty of the valley and architectural wonders. Discover hundreds of elaborate rock-cut tombs with intricate carvings, a colossal Roman-style theater, the sacrificial altars, and amazing streets of colonnades. Enjoy panoramic views from the impressive Ad Deir Monastery, and get an insight into Petra’s colorful past at the Petra Archaeological Museum and Petra Nabataean Museum. You can then wrap up your day by choosing to buy unique souvenirs at the small stalls set up by artisans from Wadi Musa or at a nearby Bedouin settlement.
Day trips & excursions
Dead sea - Petra Visit - Dead Sea (Guided tour)
Availability: Every Day
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 10 hours
Do this because
- Explore one of the 'New Seven Wonders of the World' on a guided tour of the historical city of Petra.
- Marvel at the rock-carved monuments of the ancient town and learn the history of the city.
- Enjoy the ancient city of Petra with a local English-speaking guide
What to expect
- Pick-up and drop off from your accommodation in Dead Sea in an air-conditioned vehicle with a professional English speaking driver.
- Entrance fees to Petra ,Horse ride from the main gate to the beginning of the Siq & English-speaking professional guide from the visitors’ center to Qasr Al Bint
What's not included
- Food or drinks
- Personal expenses
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.