Ever wanted to learn how to fly a helicopter? Well, this experience is perfect for you! Feel the thrill of flying around the Hudson Valley with this helicopter flight lesson from Westchester Airport. You'll begin with ground instruction to learn about flying techniques and safety and then take to the air during an approximately 30- or 60-minute private lesson. You will be allowed access to the controls under the supervision of a certified flight instructor. While airborne, make sure to enjoy breathtaking views and try your hand at basic maneuvers.
Private helicopter flight lesson from Westchester
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: from 30 minutes to 1 hour
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Pilot your very own helicopter
- No prior flying experience needed. Just follow the ground instructions and you're off!
- Get breathtaking views of the Hudson Valley
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Ground instructions
- 30 or 60-minute private flight lesson in a Robinson R44 helicopter with dual controls
- Certified flight instructor
What's not included
- Airport fee $25 per person
T-Hangar, Tower Rd, Purchase, NY 10577, USA
Please meet at the Ross Aviation West hub on Tower Road 67, 10604 Harrison.
What to remember
- If you select 2 Adults, you will be prompted to book a lesson with a guest (spectator). To book two separate lessons where both people receive flight instruction, please create two separate bookings
- The minimum age for this experience is 14 years
- Convenient roundtrip transfers are available from anywhere in Manhattan for an additional fee (if option selected)
- Federal regulations do not permit flight lessons in New York City airspace therefore they stay over the Westchester area, Hudson Valley or Connecticut. Routes are subject to change based on weather, air traffic control and temporary flight restrictions
- Flight lessons begin with ground instruction then students do approximately 75% of the flying using dual controls, under flight instructor supervision
- The maximum weight 250 lbs (113 kg) per passenger and 500 lbs (226 kg) combined per helicopter
- The maximum passenger height is 6 ft 3 in (192 cm)
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or have parental consent
- Children under 2 years old fly at no cost if they can safely fit on their parent's lap
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones are not allowed on helicopter flights
- This tour is wheelchair accessible
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Wings Air Helicopters
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.