Made in Industry City walking tour in Brooklyn
- Visit the shops, showrooms and workspaces of a curated selection of unique Brooklyn makers
- Go off the beaten path and explore Brooklyn's historic waterfront
- Learn about the innovators of Brooklyn's Industrial Revolution
A century ago, Irving T. Bush built a monumental warehousing and distribution center on the Brooklyn waterfront that employed 25,000 people. This terminal soon became a major international seaport, but--by the 1960s--urban manufacturing entered a decades-long period of decline as most major manufacturers closed their doors. Today, after millions of dollars of investment, the space's 16 factory buildings occupying 6 million square feet of space have been transformed into Industry City.
On this Made in Brooklyn themed tour, you'll explore this thriving micro-economy of hundreds of innovative businesses with a guide. Explore and go behind the scenes of shops, showrooms and workspaces. Shop for Made in Brooklyn products from a curated selection of creative individuals and businesses. Discover Brooklyn's Industrial Revolution and celebrate its creativity, ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit!
- Live guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
Industry City, Building 2 - 268 36th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11232
Meet inside the Industry City Food Hall by the security desk. The building entrance is on the left side of 36th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
D, N, R to 36th Street Station in Brooklyn
From the 36th Street Subway Station to Industry City, Building 2
- The tour is not wheelchair-accessible, stroller-accessible or pet-friendly
- This tour is only for guests ages 18 and up, and runs with a minimum of two passengers
- No food will be provided on the tour, but there are many places to choose from within the Food Hall
- There are no partial refunds for no shows, late arrivals or partial attendance
- Tours are held rain or shine
Explore New York City on THE TOUR powered by THE RIDE, an exciting and unique twist on the tradition...
Take a guided tour through one of New York City’s oldest neighborhoods--the Lower East Side. The LES...
Christmas time in New York is magical, and on this film bus tour, you'll be able to relive your favo...
Experience a New York Sightseeing cruise like never before. Step aboard the 1920s inspired motor yac...
Come on board the America 2.0– a modern tribute to the first boat that won America's Cup in 1851. Al...
New York Pizza, Beer and History Tour Looking for what to do in NYC? Check out the best pizza and be...