Munich Third Reich Walking Tour
- Discover the birthplace of the Third Reich with a specialized guide
- Explore the beer hall where Hitler gave his first major speeches
- See the headquarter of the Nazi Party, venue of the Munich Agreement
- Commemorate victims and local opponents of Nazism at memorial places
Unknown to the casual tourist, many buildings of Munich carry secrets of a dark past. Discover them and how Munich is connected with the story of Hitler and the Third Reich during this 2.5-hours walking tour.
Only eight decades ago, Munich was the official “Capital of the Movement”. It’s the city Eisenhower famously called “the cradle of the Nazi beast”. Learn how Munich became the birthplace of the Nazi Party and visit the stage upon which some of the most horrific crimes of the Third Reich took place: Hitler's failed putsch, the Kristallnacht – one of the largest anti-Semitic pogroms in Western Europe and dark foreboding of the later Holocaust – and the infamous Munich agreement.
Ironically, while much of central Munich was destroyed by Allied bombing, many Nazi buildings survived and still stand today. Alongside them are memorials dedicated to the city's many victims of Nazism, including those who sacrificed their lives to oppose the hateful ideology.
Your expert guide will show you the following sites and share their story:
- Beer halls where Hitler attended first party meetings
- Beer halls where Hitler gave his first major speeches
- Nazi marching grounds
- Location of the Beer Hall Putsch street battle
- Building where Goebbels launched the Kristallnacht
- National headquarters of the Nazi Party
- Monuments of Nazi architecture
- Buildings that bear scares of the Second World War
- Memorials to victims and local opponents of Nazism
- Guided tour
- Transport to historic center of Munich
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up
- Children (6-13)
- Student (with valid ID)
Munich Central Station, Arnulfstraße 3, 80335 Munich, Germany
Radius Tours office in Munich Central Train Station (Hauptbahnhof), located in the area just across from tracks 32-34
- 1 April - 15 October daily at 3pm
- 1 May - 15 October also at 8.45am
- 16 October - 31 March daily at 11.30am
- Not available on 24, 25, 31 December and 1 January
- Attention: Please be at the meeting point approximately 15 minutes in advanca
Follow Hitler's rise to power in Munich in the aftermath of WWI and visit historic sites of the Thir...
Munich is the perfect city for beer lovers, not only during the Oktoberfest! With traditional beer h...
Experience a walking tour through Munich focusing on the City's association with Adolf Hitler and th...
Join this combination bus and walking tour of the historically significant locations that were instr...
Dachau represents one of the darkest periods in human history and the worst excesses of the Nazi reg...
Visit Nuremberg travelling from Munich comfortably by train with your group and guide. The city is o...
Go on a delicious culinary journey and discover a Bavarian cuisine that has more to offer than sauer...
Explore the most frightful places in Munich, with their stories of restless spirits, cruel murders a...
Im historischen Kern der bayerischen Landeshauptstadt entdeckt man sowohl Natur als auch Kultur: Es ...
Have the ultimate Munich experience! On this Hop-On Hop-Off tour, you will explore Munich from an op...