Tickets for the Temple of San Biagio in Montepulciano
- See a true masterpiece of Renaissance architecture
- Visit a noteworthy Greek-cross temple designed by Antonio da Sangallo Il Vecchio
- Discover a wonderful architectural mix in a unique setting at the foot of Montepulciano
Just outside the center of Montepulciano stands the Church of San Biagio, a work of rare beauty also called the Temple of San Biagio for its monumentality.
The church, designed by Antonio da Sangallo Il Vecchio, is an example of 16th-century Tuscan Renaissance architecture. It has a Greek cross plan with a central dome and a semicircular apse. On the opposite façade of the cross, there are two bell towers, only one of which is finished. The Temple, both inside and out, is entirely covered in travertine slabs amber in color. Depending on the light, the stones change shades throughout the day.
Thanks to the audio guide, you will be able to discover everything about this mysterious and fascinating place that was built on an ancient paleochristian site dedicated to Santa Maria. The construction of the current building, whose origin is attributed to miraculous events, began in 1518 and ended in 1545.
- Entrance tickets to the Temple
- Audio guide (25-minute tour)
- Free: children up to 6 years, disabled with one companion, residents in Montepulciano, clergy members, authorized guides, journalists
- Show a valid ID/certificate to prove the right to free admission
- Free tickets are available at the ticket office
Via di S. Biagio, 14, 53045 Montepulciano SI, Italy
San Biagio Church
- The audio guides are available in English, Italian, French, German and Spanish
- Tickets are valid every day
Opening hours from January 7 to February, November to December 23:
- Only Saturday and Sunday from 10.00am to 5.00pm
Opening hours from March to May, October, December 24 to January 6:
- Every day from 10.00am to 6.00pm
Opening hours from June to September:
- Every day from 9.30am to 7.00pm
- Last admission: 30 minutes before closing time
- Timetables may change due to religious celebrations
This Montepulciano and Montalcino wine tour celebrates the wine and food of these two regions, offer...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Montepul...
Visit the vibrant local market and the traditional food shops with the Cesarina and immerse yourself...
Go food shopping like a local! Enjoy the distinctive Italian local market and learn how to recognize...
Prepare yourself for an incredible experience at Podere Casanova. Find out the fauna and taste the l...
SHOUT! | 04.04.2020 presenta WADE BIGLIETTI ONLINE / TICKET ONLINE >>> 10€ PROMO TICKET LIMITATA - V...