Visit of the Frida Kahlo Museum and Coyoacan with market tour - Small Group
- Explore Frida Kahlo's House Museum, one of the most emblematic characters in Mexican culture
- Walk along the romantic streets of Coyoacan, a picturesque and enchanting village
- Visit the typical market of Coyoacan and taste the "tostada", a typical Mexican dish
During a trip in Mexico City, you can not miss this visit of the Frida Kahlo Museum. Mexico is famous for its well-known personalities and icons such as Pancho Villa, Emiliano Zapata, Diego Rivera or the same SUB Commander Marcos,... In the Mexican artistic world the figure of Frida Kahlo is one of the most prominent due to her strong personality and her intense life, next to important political and artistic characters. With our guide, you will uncover the story of this interesting and amazing artist. You will also visit the charming Coyoacan neighborhood, where Frida Kahlo was born and died.
Meet your guide at 10.00am at the meeting point and take the minivan to the colonial district of Coyoacan. Once in Coyoacan, we will start the walking tour and reach the Frida Kahlo's House Museum, also known as the Blue House. She was born here on July 6th of 1907, and it was also the place of her death on July 13th of 1957. She lived an unconventional life, and her pictorial work thematically revolves around her story and her own suffering; marked since childhood by the misfortune of getting polio and then by a serious bus accident. Her love affair with one of the greatest muralist painters of the time, Diego Rivera, has inspired countless writers who have taken this story even to international cinema. Here we can breathe the atmosphere of a typical Mexican house from the early twentieth century and discover many of her most precious personal objects, her love for Mexican folk art and of course some of her paintings in the permanent exhibition of the museum. You will visit the museum on your own but before our guide will take care to give you a full explanation of the place.
The tour will then take you through the romantic streets of Coyoacan, until the typical market where you will dive into the daily life of Mexican people; their traditions, their tastes, their fests, their beliefs and their gastronomy. Furthermore, you will taste the “tostada”, typical from Mexican gastronomy, which is a corn “tortilla” normally served with other ingredients on top, such as: seafood, fish, beans, guacamole, chicken, lettuce, tomato, cheese, cream, and sauce among others. (only one tostada is included in the tour).The visit to the market will surely be very interesting and full of colours, fruits, flowers, typical candies and the varied costumes.
Afterwards, we are going to visit the 16th century church consecrated to St. John the Baptist, where we can admire the works of the central nave of the church and explore some Bible passages, the arrival of the first Spanish evangelizers and the conversion of Mesoamerican peoples. Contemplate the beautiful baroque altarpiece which crowns the main altar and visit the small atrium accessible through the interior of the church. In front of the church, a romantic square with a fountain and sculptures of Coyotes invites us to a peaceful visit. At 17.30pm, you will return to the roundabout of the Angel of Independence.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Only for hotels located in the following areas: Centro, Reforma, Zona Rosa, and Polanco)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Official guide (English only)
- Entrance ticket to Frida Kahlo Museum
- Visit to Coyoacan typical market
- Tasting of one tostada
- Foods and beverages, unless specified
Customer's hotel. Only for hotels located in the following areas: Centro, Reforma, Zona Rosa, and Polanco
- Please be aware that the visit includes a lot of walking. Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- Contact your tour company 24 hours prior to the tour to arrange the pick-up details, You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Bring an umbrella and a raincoat during the rainy season (from the end of May to October)
- The Frida Kahlo Museum charges a fee for pictures and recording restricted to open areas. Not included in the tour
- The minimum number of people required for the tour's departure is 2 participants. Maximum 12 people
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 10.00am
- Check-in time: 09.15am
Join this full-day tour to visit two of the most enigmatic and interesting places in Mexico: the Pyr...
Mexico City is one of the most enjoyable destinations in the world. The historic centre was declared...
Take part to this unique tour to explore Mexico City and enjoy walking around its historical center....
You will meet your guide and start your visit at our office Julia Travel. The first stop will be in ...
This is one of our most colorful tours, not only for visiting the famous "Casa Azul" and seeing some...
You'll be picked up from your hotel in Mexico City, where you'll visit the archeological zone of Tla...
Your tour begins with hotel pickup in Mexico City in the morning. Board your private vehicle and hea...
Visit Teotihuacan "City of the Gods" in the early morning when the sun begins to rise over the pyram...
Explore the culinary secrets of the vanguardist Colonia Roma Learn about the history, culture, archi...
Tacos and Mezcal tour in Mexico City Explore Mexico City and savor the delicious flavors and versati...