Wine tasting and Iberian ham tapas tour in Madrid
- Visit one of the most famous 'Houses of Ham'
- Learn all about the wide range of Jamón and its related products
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
This is a unique tour that will take you off the beaten tracks, allowing you to taste the best Iberian hams paired with selected Spanish wines. Tour experience handed by native Madrilenian.
Learn about Spanish wines and discover traditional Iberian ham houses in Madrid. During this tour, taste several cuts of Iberian meats including chorizo, salchichón, lomo, and ham paired with Manchego cheese and other classic tapas. As you do so, learn about the fascinating history and culture of wine, the differences between each type of ham you can find in the market and master how to shop for them like a local.
You will visit emblematic and high-quality Jamonerías (home of ham).
Do you know the difference between Jamón Serrano and Jamón Ibérico? Do you know the difference between Jamón and Paletilla? Be prepared to be enlightened!
Learn all about the wide range of ham and its related products. You will be shown where the Jamón Ibérico's 4 protected Qualified Appellation of Origin in Spain.
Taste and see how a professional ham cutter carves those delicious thin slices with his special long knife. You will experience first-hand why Iberian ham (Black hoof) is so delicious and unique…and also healthy!
- Foodie specialized local guide
- Spanish wines tasting
- Iberian Ham, cured meats, tapas, and cheese tasting
- A glass of wine, beer, or soft drinks in each bar/jamonerías
- Explanations about Spanish ham and wine culture
- Spanish virgin olive oils tasting
- Explanations and tasting of Cocido Madrileño (Madrilian stew)
- English/Spanish speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks not specified
- Transportation to the meeting point
Plaza de Isabel II, 8, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Plaza Isabel II. Right beside statue of Queen Isabel II (Metro station Opera).
- Please provide details of any special requirements (dietary, allergies or otherwise) at the time of booking
- Vegetarian option not available
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- A minimum of 2 persons is required for this tour. The activity will be cancelled in case the minimum is not met and you will be fully refunded; maximum 15 persons
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 1.30pm
- Check-in: 15 minutes earlier
This full-day tour with departure from Madrid will take you to two of the most famous cities around ...
The Paseo del Arte pass allows you to visit three of Madrid’s best museums with a single ticket, tha...
Depart Madrid by a comfortable, air-conditioned bus and journey to the historical residence of the K...
Enjoy this fun introduction to the Spanish gastronomic culture. You will learn how to cook Paella,To...
Your culinary stroll will begin at 12.30pm or 7.00pm at the Statue of the Bear and the Strawberry Tr...
Unveil the knowledge. Discover the hideouts. Be a local combining variety of tastings, History & Cul...
Visit a remarkable winery in Don Quixote's land, one of the most popular books in the history of lit...
The most fun and definitely the easiest way to get to know Madrid is on this double-decker bus. With...
The Monastery of El Escorial was built under the reign of the powerful King Philip II to be a reside...
The creation of the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, in 1990, met the need for a museum pr...