High Speed Zodiac Whale Watching Safari from Dana Point
- Small-group tour
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Fully narrated tour
- Get sent off with a complimentary triplrfudge brownies
Your exhilarating adventure departs from Dana Point Harbor, one of the best places in the world to view year-round dolphins, whales, sea lions, and more. May through November you could see the largest animals to have ever lived on earth, magnificent Blue Whales. December through April you could witness the incredible Gray Whale migration. And throughout the year you’ll have the opportunity to see Humpback Whales, Fin Whales, Minke Whales, sometimes Orcas (Killer Whales), and much more. Several species of wild dolphins are also seen year-round. Imagine yourself surrounded by stampeding dolphins, stretching out for miles in every direction! Fast Cat’s wide, rectangular bow area is perfect for dolphin viewing as they bow ride inches from your fingertips.
Upon arrival you’ll find free parking and a warm smile from our “Dolphin Deck” team. If you or one of your guests is celebrating a special occasion, such as a birthday or anniversary, be sure to let us know when reserving so that we can arrange for a special greeting. Check in about 30 to 45 minutes in advance. Then relax under a blue umbrella and enjoy a sandwich, snacks, ice cream, cold beverage, or hot coffee with the best view of Dana Point Harbor, until you’re escorted to the boat. Nearby restrooms are available to use prior to boarding.
Turbo charged for fun, Fast Cat offers you a smile-plastered-to-your-face, exhilarating thrill ride with upscale features including heavily padded seats with seat backs, custom teak floor, and large custom sunshade. And with it’s low center of gravity, this catamaran is a great option for guests concerned about seasickness. During your safari, as you watch dolphins jump and whales fluke, sea lions lounge and birds prey on fish, marine naturalists will provide interesting narration for a trip that’s both exciting and educational. You’ll also learn about the ongoing whale disentanglement efforts we are involved with. When not carrying passengers to view the whales, Fast Cat is used to help disentangle whales! At the conclusion of your whale watching safari, you’ll receive one of Mrs. Capt. Dave’s famous Triple Fudge Brownies; a sweet treat as our way of saying “thank you” for joining us!
- Small-group tour
- Live commentary on board
- U.S. Coast Guard inspected and certified vessel
- Licensed Captain and professional crew member
- Cetacean Declaration: join us again for free within one calendar year if you don’t see any dolphins or whales!
- Food and drinks (available to purchase at check-in)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
24440 Dana Point Harbor Dr, Dana Point, CA 92629
Present your voucher to the staff at Capt Dave's Dana Point Whale Watching at Dana Point Harbor (next to Baby Beach and the OC Sailing and Event Center).
- Minimum age is 8 years old
- Maximum weight per guest is 185 pounds due to U.S. Coast Guard regulations
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You may encounter occasional ocean spray
- No restroom on the boat. Restroom facilities on land are available to use before boarding
- No or sized bags or coolers. Please limit items to waist-packs, mini backpacks, and small camera sling bags.
- departure times vary depending on the day of the week - please check the calendar
Day 1: Los Angeles to Las VegasTravel east through the desert and Death Valley en route to Sin City,...
This leisurely paced tour starts on legendary Route 66 in West Hollywood. From there, you'll head in...
Go behind the scenes of the world-famous Studio Tour to explore real movie sets where Hollywood movi...
Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood brings you closer to the entertainment you love. You'll never see...
On this tour, you'll hike to the top of one of the highest peaks in Griffith Park, giving you a stun...
Immerse yourself in a full day of movie-making magic with an expert guide as you discover the Univer...
Experience Hollywood’s “Walk of Fame” by taking in the ambiance of its Golden Era bars and learning ...
This full day tour promises to show the highlights of Orange County beginning with the most romantic...
Make your wildest dreams come true at Disneyland® Resort in California! Experience Disneyland® Park ...
Southern California's Dana Point is a popular spot for launching kayaks thanks to calm water that ma...