Downtown LA Food Tour
- Discover just what makes Sidewalk Food Tours of LA the best in the city!
- A variety of delicious foods from the best specialty food stores, buzz-worthy spots and ethnic eateries
- Visits to famed landmarks such as the Bradbury Building, the Million Dollar Theater and the Biltmore Hotel
Our guided Downtown LA Food Tour includes 6 unique stops showcasing the best of the growing, diverse DTLA food scene. Our expert foodies have done extensive and delicious research to offer you the ultimate Best-of Food Tour.
Highlights of our 3-hour Downtown LA Walking Food Tour include:
- Fascinating tidbits of information known only by the locals shared by your friendly, knowledgeable tour guide
- A stroll through the historic Grand Central Market with tastings from some of its most well-known vendors
- Skip the lines and taste the best BBQ, tacos and sweet treats in DTLA Flavorful food specialties are served from 6 of the following locations: (subject to change)
- Pitchoun Bakery: Authentic French boulangerie in the heart of Downtown
- LA Horse Thief BBQ: Succulent Texas-style barbecue in the historic Grand Central Market
- Berlin Currywurst: A taste of Germany’s favorite street food with an LA twist
- DTLA Cheese: Artisanal cheeses with a fun, modern vibe
- Madcapra Falafe: Locally sourced produce and a unique take on falafel
- Guisados: Slow-cooked braised meat tacos; some of the best in LA
- The Nickel Diner: Home of the maple bacon doughnut; serving up old-school comfort classics
- Bottega Louie: Grand restaurant, bakery & gourmet market located in the historic Brockman building Behind every great food establishment in this city there is an equally great story of history, tradition and even innovation. On our food tours of LA you’ll discover these amazing stories while tasting what has made these eateries so prized among locals.
About Sidewalk Tours...
Sidewalk Food Tours was inspired by a deep love of food, history and the unique stories of different neighborhoods in different cities. The first Sidewalk Food Tour was launched in NYC, and since then, the Sidewalks family has grown to include tours in Chicago, San Francisco, and now, in LA. Our goal is to provide exceptional walking food tours of Los Angeles, so people will revisit these neighborhoods with confidence and enjoy the array of culinary options they have to offer. We want you to feel as if you’re exploring the city with a close friend who’s showing you all their favorite local hideaways. We're self-proclaimed foodies. We've made it our mission to eat our way through LA, doing a lot of delicious research (and some not so appetizing) to bring you the best food options the city has to offer. There is no better way to learn about the history and culture of a neighborhood than to eat its food. The food, and the people who prepare it, tell the story of a neighborhood. Join us on a real foodie adventure as we eat our way through our favorite neighborhoods and uncover the best off-the-beaten-path food spots in LA. We look forward to having you join us on a Sidewalk Food Tour of Los Angeles and can’t wait to show you the sights. Happy eating!
- All food tastings are included
- Feel free to bring a bottled beverage; some establishments will provide water
- Tour guide gratuities are not included in the ticket price but are greatly appreciated. We generally suggest tipping your tour guide 15-20% of the purchase price of the tour
Detailed Directions The tour will meet in front of Pitchoun Bakery, located at 545 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90013. The group will remain at Pitchoun Bakery until about 11:15 AM. If you are running late and miss the group at the first location, you may contact us at 877-568-6877 and we'll try to find the group for you. The Downtown LA food tour ends at Bottega Louie located at 700 S Grand Ave.
Olive Street and 6th Street (Los Angeles, CA)
- Please make sure you purchase tickets well in advance of your desired tour date, as our tours sell out quickly. We have a no refund policy.
- A minimum of 4 participants is needed for this tour to run
- Minimum number of purchasable tickets: 2
- Tours are given rain or shine. A good portion of our time is spent walking outdoors. However, on our food tasting tours, we do spend time inside establishments, so you will not be subject to the elements the entire tour.
- We do a fair amount of walking on our tours. You should dress casually and wear comfortable shoes or sneakers.
- We will be doing six different food tastings on the tour. We visit unique establishments with a variety of cuisines. The tastings add up to enough for lunch.
- Please be sure to let us know if you (or anyone in your group) has a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, allergy, etc.) when you purchase your tickets. All tastings are prepared in advance at each location, based on the information you provided to us at the time of ticket purchase. Please be sure to purchase your tickets in advance so that we have adequate time to prepare your tasting substitutions. Last minute dietary changes on the tour will not be accommodated. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our tastings are designed to bring you the best of what each renowned food establishment has to offer. In particular, at locations that specialize in traditional, family recipes, there isn’t always a “next best” option we can offer that will meet your specific dietary needs. If you HAVE SEVERE FOOD ALLERGIES please contact us or call us at 877-56-TOURS before purchasing tickets for any of our food tours.
- We DO NOT offer vegan or gluten-free substitutions. If you are vegan or gluten-free please contact us or call us at 877-56-TOURS before purchasing tickets for any of our food tours.
- We have vegetarian options on our food tours. Be sure to let us know, well in advance, and we will make the appropriate substitutions for the tastings.
- The majority of the food tastings are not guaranteed kosher. If you keep kosher please contact us or call us at 877-56-TOURS before purchasing tickets for any of our food tours.
- It is a good idea to arrive at the meeting location 10-15 minutes prior to the tour start time. In fairness to the people who arrived on time, we will leave promptly at the tour start time. If you are late, you may call us at 877-56-TOURS to try and find the group once they have left the meeting location. There are no guarantees you will be able to find the group, as our guides are narrating the tour and will likely not be able to pick up their cell phones once the tour begins. There are no reschedules or refunds for latecomers who cannot find the group.
- We have a 72-hour rescheduling policy. You must call Zerve at 855-259-5188 to notify one of our representatives at least 72 hours before your tour to reschedule. Otherwise, you will forfeit your ticket. We pre-order the food for our tours 72 hours in advance.
- We're on our feet for approximately 3 hours. We walk at a casual pace and stand in place for a few minutes at various attractions. The total walking distance is about 1.7 miles (2.7 km). The streets have a slight incline and you may have to walk up small stairs at some of the establishments. Please let us know in advance, if you have difficulty walking up a few flights of stairs, and we will make arrangements for you.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable tour guides make learning about the history, culture, and foods of the neighborhoods we visit interesting, informative, and fun. Please gauge whether or not you think this tour is appropriate for your child. Children ages 3 and under are free. You may bring a stroller on the tour, but it will have to remain outside if the food establishment is busy. Anyone over the age of 3 will have to purchase an adult ticket, even if they are not participating in the tastings.
- Pets are not allowed on any of our food tasting tours. Los Angeles law prohibits pets from entering inside an establishment that serves food or drink.
- Our tours are specifically designed to take you to the "hidden gems" only the neighborhood locals know about. Therefore, our tours take you "off the beaten path," so you're not mobbed by tourists on crowded streets. Angelenos take our tours to learn more about the unique history of LA, and where to find the best culinary delights. None of our tours have a touristy feel to them. Our goal is for you to revisit a neighborhood like a local.
- Parking for the Downtown LA Food Tour is available at the Pershing Square Garage located at 532 S Olive Street.
- Our tour is wheelchair and stroller accessible. Please call 877-56-TOURS if you have any concerns regarding tour accessibility.
- From Thursday to Sunday
- The tour starts at 11.00am
On this tour, you'll hike to the top of one of the highest peaks in Griffith Park, giving you a stun...
See the best of Los Angeles with a 6-hour tour of the city’s most glamorous neighborhoods and iconic...
After journeying up north along the breathtaking California coast, first stop on this day tour will ...
Join us on a fun and truly memorable tour of Paso Robles Wine Country. You’ll be united with a small...
Why not discover the City of Angels by diving head first into its Mexican heritage which is deep roo...
If you love the world of films, the glitz and glamour of the rich and famous and the drama and intri...