Dana Point whale watching & dolphin watching eco-safari
- Hop aboard a catamaran and keep a lookout for whales, dolphins, and other sea creatures
- Enjoy on-going commentary along your safari from naturalists
- Check out the underwater viewing pods for a closer look at ocean life without disturbing the habitat
- Get sent off with a complimentary triplrfudge brownies!
Meet your group at Dana Point Harbor, at the location next to Baby Beach and the OC Sailing and Event Center. For your convenience, there’s free parking by your meeting spot on the harbor. Your departure time may vary by the date your choose so please take note. The service provider will contact you after booking to confirm available times for the date you’ve picked. Meet at the Dolphin Deck about 30 to 45 minutes before the time your 2.5-hour whale and dolphin watching eco-safari begins.
Board one of three catamarans - either Manute’a, DolphinSafari, or Lily. Your boat takes about 10 minutes or less to make its way out of the harbor onto the open water. At this point, keep your eyes open for sea lions, marine birds, and other creatures as this is a great place to spot them.
As your captain takes you further out, your group will spot dolphins, whales, and sometimes sharks. Some whales you might see on your journey include Blue Whales, Gray Whales, Humpback Whales, Fin Whales, Minke Whales, and occasionally Orcas (Killer Whales). Also keep in mind there are five species of wild dolphins that might cross your path, too.
As your cruise, enjoy commentary from a naturalist who fills you in on the sea creatures, their lifestyles, their natural habitats, and what’s being done to protect them. If you’d like, you can head down to the underwater viewing pods on your catamaran to catch sight of the ocean life from an underwater vantage point.
After your adventure, your boat docks back at the harbor and you’re sent on your way with a complimentary triple-fudge brownie.
- U.S. Coast Guard inspected and certified vessel
- Licensed Captain and professional crew
- Live commentary on board
- Cetacean Declaration: join us again for free within one calendar year if you don’t see any dolphins or whales
- Complimentary triple-fudge brownie
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- DVD (available for purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available for purchase)
- $45 per child (1-12)
- $5 per infant
24440 Dana Point Harbor Dr, Dana Point, CA 92629
Present your voucher to the staff at Capt Dave's Dana Point Whale Watching at Dana Point Harbor (next to Baby Beach and the OC Sailing and Event Center).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- All reservations are non-cancelable and non-changeable
- departure times vary depending on the day of the week - please check the calendar
Your exhilarating adventure departs from Dana Point Harbor, one of the best places in the world to v...
Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood brings you closer to the entertainment you love. You'll never see...
You will start your LA adventure at the world famous Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Blvd, where hand a...
Make your wildest dreams come true at Disneyland® Resort in California! Experience Disneyland® Park ...
Celebrating it’s 15th anniversary, the 75-minute Hollywood Behind-the-Scenes tour is a world renowne...
Whether you want to see it all or have limited time in L.A, you can select the package that suits yo...
On this LA tour, you’ll venture off the beaten path into some of Los Angeles most ethnic enclaves, w...
Day 1: Los Angeles to Las VegasTravel east through the desert and Death Valley en route to Sin City,...
This full day tour promises to show the highlights of Orange County beginning with the most romantic...
If you want a unique insight into life at Laguna Beach, then this is the tour for you! This tour has...