Travel back in time on a vintage open-topped double-decker bus, and walk through an empty Smithfield market, home to the cock-lane Ghost. Then retrace the murders of Jack the Ripper, before heading to the safety of the Sherlock Holmes pub. Hear tales of the legends buried at Westminster Abbey and see the banqueting house where Charles I was beheaded, a relatively common punishment for crime at the time. Your expert guide will explain how the executioners, who worked regularly in front of large crowds at Tower Hill which we will also see, would often raise the severed head showing it off to the crowd. You will then travel to the Old Bailey, the site of numerous public hangings, the Royal London Hospital where the Elephant Man lived, and hear tales of Mrs. Lovett’s pie shop with her special fillings, the butcherous barber who lived next door, gangland warfare, great train robbers and more.
Vintage London haunted bus and walking tour
Availability: Check calendar for availability
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Travel around London in an open-top vintage bus
- Enjoy deeper insights with a professional guide
- See sights associated with the Jack the Ripper killings in a walking tour of Smithfield Market and East London
- Visit a traditional London pub
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Transportation in an open-top vintage bus
- Professional guide
- Walking tour of Smithfield Market and East London (sites associated with Jack the Ripper killings)
- Visit to a traditional London pub
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Students (with valid ID)
- Seniors (60+)
Victoria Coach Station, 164 Buckingham Palace Road, Victoria, SW1W 9TP
The tour begins at Victoria Coach Station (gate 0) and ends at Trafalgar Square (Sherlock Holmes Pub).
What to remember
- This is a combination bus/walking tour and will finish at a traditional pub near Trafalgar Square. There will be some walking involved
- This tour is not available for under 17 year olds
- Please note that this is an open-topped bus tour so please be prepared for the possibility of rain
- On rare occasions the open-top bus may be changed to a closed-top bus
- Tours begin at 7.00pm and finish at approximately 9.30pm
- This trip has varied availability, please check the calendar to see its days of operation
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.