London Writers taxi tour
- Explore by taxi the London that housed, nurtured and influenced many writers and poets
- Discover the places that inspired Dickens, Orwell and Shakespeare among the others
- Get to see The Globe Theatre, Little Dorrit Church, Nancy’s Steps, Tavistock Square and much more!
Are you as passionate about Yeats as he was about the Golden Dawn? Do you have fond memories of reading JM Barrie’s Peter Pan and would like to know a little bit more about man? Even in 2017 Virginia Woolf is still making the news as more material laying undiscovered for years comes into the public domain.
Through the centuries London has housed, nurtured and influenced many London writers and poets. Come and explore London with us in this unique and informative way. Learn about the ideals held by the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, which building influenced the Ministry of Truth in George Orwell’s 1984 classic.
Where did Charles Darwin start to pen the Origin of Species and how many famous novels did Charles Dickens write while living in Tavistock Square? So many writers have a London history, a London story and we would love to tell you all about them.
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Taxi tour of London writers sites
- Any admission fees
- Gratuities - always at your discretion
- Price is per taxi, which can accommodate up to 5 people
- All of our taxis are wheelchair accessible. However, if a person remains in the wheelchair for the duration of the tour it may limit the number of people the taxi can accommodate comfortably. Just let us know and we will work it all out. Collapsible wheelchairs and child pushchairs can be stored in the front of the taxi cab
- If it’s a particular author you're interested in like Dickens, Shakespeare even Dr. Johnson, then we can organise a tour that focuses on your favourite writer or poet. Just let us know (give us a call) and we will make it happen.
- departure times depend on the day - please check the calendar
Hampton Court Palace, found in the London borough of Richmond upon Thames, is one of the palaces bui...
Windsor Castle, the largest and oldest occupied castle in the world, is the home of Her Majesty Quee...
Join your favorite DreamWorks characters on a fantastic new journey on Shrek’s Adventure in London! ...
London's top landmarks as well as a gourmet four-course dinner? Sail past the Houses of Parliament, ...
On this interactive discovery experience across London's Hackney and Shoreditch, you will solve ridd...
Whether you just like The Beatles music or are an absolute super fan, this tour is for you. Join you...