Zion National Park day tour from Las Vegas
- Drive through the Mt. Carmel tunnel
- Learn about the “Grand Circle”
- Enjoy lunch in the park
Mormon settlers discovered this place in the mid-1800s, naming it “Zion”. Zion National Park is sandstone cliffs, meadows, canyon narrows, weeping rocks and waterfalls only a short road trip away from the Las Vegas Strip. Along the drive crossing the Mojave Desert northward journey through Nevada’s history – past Native lands, old mining towns and mountain ranges with gemstones, gold, and silver. Gaining elevation approaching the Colorado Plateau and like a sentinel of stone, the Virgin River Gorge guards the entranceway to Utah’s scenery. Entering the national park going through a maze of mesas and slot canyons, winding down to the Mount Carmel Tunnel. The tunnel was an engineering feat of the 1920s to produce the “Grand Circle” linking Zion with Bryce and the Grand Canyon. Small windows in the tunnel wall show off the monumental opulence, but only on the other side Zion Canyon is seen. After lunch in the center of the valley, you will explore the trails, viewpoints, and scenic sights.
- Morning Snack
- Entrance Fees
- Bottled Water
- Guide Gratuities
Pick up at most hotels in Las Vegas, Nevada. Guests at private residences will be asked to meet at a nearby pre-determined pickup location. All pick-up and drop off locations and times are estimates only and are subject to reasonable change at short notice. Guests with a reservation will receive notification of their precise pick-up time and location between 4.00pm-6.00pm the evening prior to tour departure. Guests will be notified of weather conditions and other suggestions at this time.
- Weather appropriate clothing, camera, sunscreen, snacks, government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- A minimum number of guests must be met for this tour. You may be booked on stand by until the tour is confirmed
- Lunch is at Zion Lodge and ordered off the menu
- Children under the age of 2 are not permitted on the tour
- Guests must provide child safety seats for children under 6 years and under 60 lbs (NV law). DETOURS can provide child seats for a 10 USD fee
- Boxed lunch is included and the options are Bobbie sandwich with turkey, cranberry, and stuffing, a Turkey and cheese, Italian meats and cheese, and Vegetarian. All sandwiches include chips and a cookie. There is also a salad option
- Operates daily
- Departure Time: Approximately 5.30am
- Return Time: Approximately 7.00pm
Looking to have an epic night out in Las Vegas? Join this Vegas nightclub crawl, and you’ll be treat...
Your tour will start with a luxury limousine transfer from your Las Vegas hotel to the Grand Canyon ...
The Bodies Exhibition is where you can find 13 whole-body specimens and over 260 organs and partial ...
Las Vegas conjures up all sorts of images: shotgun weddings, neon lights and incredible shows spring...
This tour will take you from the underground art district of Las Vegas, full of the weird and wonder...
Now reimagined with new music, costumes, and choreography, Le Rêve The Dream welcomes you into a thr...