Cinque Terre: private tour in the footsteps of the Shelleys
- Enjoy a private tour by ferry boat of the picturesque Poet's Gulf
- Find out why the poets of the English Romanticism loved these places so much
- See Portovenere, Lerici and the picturesque islands of Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto.
- Spot the colourful towns nestled in the breathtaking Ligurian coastline
Leaving from La Spezia train station, where you will meet your private guide for the day, you will get on a private taxi to reach the beautiful village of Lerici, one of the places in Cinque Terre that the Shelleys loved the most. In Lerici, after seeing the famous Shelley's house, you will board a ferry boat until you arrive to the picturesque village of Portovenere.
Once there, you will start a proper boat tour to see the islands of the Poet's Gulf, such as Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto. These islands are also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You will have some time to explore the islands with your guide (you will decide together how much time to dedicate to each island, where to eat and so on).
You will discover why poets and writers from all generations and nationalities - but especially the poets from the English Romanticism - were fascinated by these places. Byron, Shelley, Virginia Woolf, DH Lawrence, all have dedicated poems and thoughts in this stretch of the Ligurian coast, so rugged and sometimes inaccessible.
At the end of the tour, your guide will take you back to La Spezia train station, where the tour ends.
- private tour
- expert guide for one full day
- car transfer from La Spezia to Lerici and return
- return tickets for the ferry boats from Lerici and from Portovenere
Stazione La Spezia Centrale, La Spezia, Italy
Meet your guide at the taxi area outside the train station.
- please note that the price of this tour doesn't include the ferry boat tickets, but you can easily buy them on the spot with your guide's help (total price per adult it about €30)
- we suggest you take with you sunscreen and a bottle of water
- as for the lunch, your guide will be happy to take you to a place they know for a quick lunch (or to recommend you a good place if you prefer to go on your own)
- in case the weather is too bad for the boat tour, the tour will take place on land only
- every day at 9.00 am
Join this private tour to discover the stunning Ligurian lands called Cinque Terre, a precious Unesc...
If your cruise ship stops in La Spezia, you can take your time to enjoy 2 amazing Tuscan cities.With...
Join this private tour to discover the stunning Ligurian lands called "Cinque Terre", a precious Une...
Join this private tour led by a local guide to discover the stunning Ligurian lands known as Cinque ...
La Spezia is a small town and the best place to stay while visiting the amazing Cinque Terre. Surrou...
One of the most evocative places to taste the Cinque Terre wines is an old wine cellar: with this to...