Discover the city center of Johannesburg; whose geometrical design and high skyscrapers irresistibly bring Manhattan Island to mind. Continue towards Soweto (Johannesburg’s South Western Township) a symbol of the fight for freedom. Finally, you will visit the Apartheid Museum dedicated to recounting the history of the rise and fall of Apartheid in the 20th century. The exhibits are from film footage, photographs, text panels, and artifacts illustrating the events and human stories of Apartheid. Also, you will get the opportunity to discover the former South-African president's house, in which you will hear about the Mandela family's history and times spent in Soweto. Your tour finally ends at 5.00pm.
Day trips & excursions
Full-day Johannesburg city tour with Apartheid Museum
Duration: up to 8 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Bring the whole family - everyone will love it
- You'll become so familiar with the city that it'll start to feel like home
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- Learn more about the local culture first-hand
What to expect
- Entrance fees
- Registered tour guide
What's not included
- Optional visits
- Child (0-12 years)
Pick-up from your hotel in Johannesburg.
Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- Please note that the Apartheid Museum is closed on Mondays
- Please confirm your pick-up time and location at least 48 hours before departure with the local operator
- General information and conditions of carriage prices, routes, places of interest, destinations, hotels, and restaurants are subject to availability and to change
- Tour departure and arrival are approximate
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all time
- Daily departure at 8.30am - 9.00am
African Eagle Day Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.