Chamonix Mont Blanc guided day trip with cable car ride
- Go on a guided day trip from Geneva
- Discover the famous French resort Chamonix
- Take the cable car up to Aiguille du Midi in front of Mont Blanc
- Experience the skywalk 'Step Into the Void'
With this guided day trip from Geneva you will visit lovely Chamonix at the foot of majestic Mont Blanc, take the cable car up to the summit of Aiguille du Midi and experience the ‘Step Into the Void’ skywalk in 3842m (12604 ft) height with breathtaking views.
The bus roundtrip starts from Geneva in the morning. Enjoy a picturesque 90 minutes' ride and discover one of the most famous mountain villages in the world upon arrival. Wherever you look up in Chamonix, you will see the roof of Europe: 4810m (15781 ft) high Mont Blanc. Breathe in fresh mountain air and stroll through charming little streets. Chamonix hosted the first Winter Olympics in 1924 and has become a capital of alpinism, freeride skiing and ice climbing ever since.
The cable car will bring you up to the summit of Aiguille du Midi, the peak just in front of Mont Blanc. Enjoy your free time at the top and look forward to spectacular views on the French, Swiss and Italian Alps. On a clear day, you can even see the Matterhorn. If open, try the very exciting 'Step Into the Void', a glass skywalk in 3842m (12604 ft) height. Three glass walls, floor and ceiling panels allow visitors to experience one kilometer of void underneath their feet and to take amazing pictures of an unforgettable landscape.
Take the bus back at midday or in the evening. Depending on what time you choose, the trip will last 5 or 10 hours. You can be back in Geneva at 1.30pm or at 6.30pm.
Picture copyright: JC Poirot
- Bus roundtrip
- Cable car ticket
- Mountain train ticket
- Food and drinks
- Children (4-12 years old)
Geneva bus station, Place Dorcière 5, 1201 Geneva
Next to the Keytours sign
- Important information: You must bring a current valid passport, as you will cross the Franco-Swiss border. Visa whenever applicable
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time at the meeting point
- It is not allowed to take a child under 3 years old in the cable car
- It can happen that the cable car may not work due to weather or technical issues
- Daily at 8.30am
- No tour: 25 December 25 and 1 January
During your day trip to Gruyères from Geneva, you'll visit the Maison Cailler chocolate factory wher...
Your city tour of Geneva brings you to the city's international quarter where you will see the headq...
Annecy, known as 'The Venice of the Alps', offers visitors harmonious and romantic landscapes. Visit...
This ticket combines two unique experiences in one: Visit lovely Chamonix at the foot of majestic Mo...
This ticket combines three unique experiences in one: Visit lovely Chamonix at the foot of majestic ...
On this interactive discovery experience across Geneva’s Old Town, you will solve riddles via a web ...