"Wanna be Italiano" cooking class and market tour in Florence
- Lunch menu to keep you going all day
- Perfect for the whole family to experience - the more the merrier
- Learn more about the local culture first-hand
The first-ever, original and most popular cooking class in Florence! Meet a famous and charismatic chef and learn how to cook a delicious Tuscan meal in the heart of Florence! First step: a little walk to the Central Market, grocery shopping! You will go shopping with the chefs at the central market, picking up the ingredients for your lunch.
You will meet the butchers, the bakers, and the farmers selling vegetables from their gardens. You will learn how to distinguish the highest quality ingredients. After this fun experience, you will reach a fascinating home-like professional location, just a few steps from the central market, where you'll enjoy a delicious tasting of typical products and you will start putting your hands on the ingredients to create your own meal, driven by the expert guidance of the chef.
Your menu may slightly vary depending on the season and the fresh ingredients available, but will usually be made of bruschetta, different kinds of fresh home-made pasta from scratch (i.e. tagliatelle and ravioli), sauces for the pasta, and a dessert. And then you will obviously eat the meal you prepared yourself, accompanied by two glasses of a selection of Chianti wine.
A booklet with recipes will let you cook for your friends once you get back home. And finally, get your certificate of participation!
- Central Market guided tour
- Food and wine tasting
- Cooking class
- Use of equipment
- Lunch with drinks
- Certificate of participation
- Booklet with recipes
- Child (4-12)
- Infant (0-3): free
Piazza della Repubblica, corner Via Pellicceria, 50123 Florence FI, Italy
Florencetown Tours & News Stand next to the Apple Store under the loggias.
- Please note that when the Central Market is closed (on Sundays and bank holidays) a special introduction and extra tastings at the cooking school will be offered instead
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the participants and we will do our best to accommodate them
- Vegetarians are more than welcome on this cooking class, as they will be able to cook vegetarian recipes. Please inform us in advance
- Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance
- The tour will end at the cooking school in San Lorenzo district (Via Panicale, 43R)
- March to October: every day at 9.00am
- November to February: from Monday to Saturday at 9.00am
Come and learn to make pizza and gelato just like Italians do! Join these late afternoon or evening ...
This excursion to Pisa from Florence with skip-the-line access to the Leaning Tower will give you th...
Discover Florence from a new point of view. Stroll around the alleys of the historic center as your ...
Eat better on a 3.5-hour guided food and walking tour of the Florentine historical center. Taste a m...
Tour with exclusive visit and 72h ticket to the Duomo complex: Cathedral, Crypt, Baptistery, Bell to...
Would you like to see the best and most beautiful areas of Tuscany in one memorable day? Join this t...
An unforgettable guided walk in the center of a UNESCO World Heritage city, to learn about the histo...
The countryside around Florence is full of surprises: antique villas, churches, monasteries, magnifi...
Join a private two-hour tour of the Accademia Gallery in Florence, home to a stunning array of artis...
Get an insider’s perspective on Florence’s rich arts and crafts scene with this specialty shopping t...