San Lorenzo Basilica and the Medici Chapels guided tour
- Discover the magnificent Basilica of San Lorenzo and the crypt with an experienced guide
- Marvel at Michelangelo's New Sacristy and be enchanted by the Chapel of the Princes
- Admire the impressive sculptures by Donatello and Michelangelo that decorate the Medici Chapels
Spend two hours in the neighborhood where the sumptuous palace of the Medici family is located, visiting the San Lorenzo Basilica and admiring the impressive sculptures by Donatello and Michelangelo that decorate the Medici Chapels. The tour ends up very close to the picturesque San Lorenzo food market... right at lunchtime!
Take advantage of an in-depth explanation of the Basilica of San Lorenzo (interior and exterior) and the crypt where Cosimo de' Medici and the famous sculptor Donatello were buried. Admire Brunelleschi's Cloister, visit the exterior of the royal palace and, if accessible, discover its garden and inner courtyard.
Finally, enjoy a guided tour of the unmissable Medici Chapels. Marvel at Michelangelo's New Sacristy and be enchanted by the Chapel of the Princes, which is decorated with a rich inlay of semi-precious stones to create a magical, dazzling interplay of colors using the technique of the Florentine mosaic.
- Professional English-speaking guide
- San Lorenzo Complex ticket (Basilica, Crypt)
- Medici Chapels ticket (Chapel of the Princes, Michelangelo's New Sacristy)
- High-quality earsets for 6+ participants
- Child (6-17)
Piazza di San Lorenzo, 50123 Florence, Italy
Meet your guide at the monument by the steps in front of the church.
- Suitable clothing is required to access places of worship: shorts, bare shoulders, sandals, hats and sunglasses are not allowed
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- This is a small-group tour (max 12 people)
- On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 9.30am
Palazzo Pitti is one of Florence’s biggest museums. It is a powerful looking, 13th-century building ...
During the 8hr tour, you will explore the Gothic city of Siena with its famous shell-shaped Piazza d...
Chianti is a vast territory between Florence and Siena in the heart of Tuscany. It’s a region known ...
Join this cooking class in the heart of the beautiful Florence with the help of an experienced Chef!...
Learn how to make pasta like an Italian in the heart of Florence!During this unique experience, you ...
Capture the memories of your visit to Florence with a professional photoshoot! You'll learn insider ...