Guided walking tour in Essaouira - food and culture
- Head off the beaten path and discover local life in Essaouira
- Sample pastries from the city’s oldest bakery and grill fresh fish at the local market
- Climb a historic watchtower for a 360-degree view of the port, ocean, and city
- Visit a local artist’s studio in the medina to appreciate authentic Moroccan artwork
- Meet a traditional herbalist and taste his expertly-mixed exotic tea
Dig deeper into the food and culture of this enchanting city than most tourists get to.
After meeting your local guide under the clock tower just inside the medina walls, you’ll begin your Essaouira city tour with a stop at the oldest pastry shop in the city. After this, you’ll climb up onto the ramparts of the city to an old watchtower where you’ll get an impressive 360 degree view of Essaouira.
After you’ve got your artistic fix for the day, we’ll continue along to the bustling, atmospheric fish market for a savoury lunch of grilled fish. An integral part of life on the coast, the fish market is full of locals buying, grilling, and eating the catch of the day.
Finally, you’ll mosey just outside the medina to try a typical Moroccan dessert, and then finish up at a herbalist's shop to wash everything down with an aromatic Moroccan Royal Tea.
Once this tour ends, your local guide will be happy to give you some more recommendations for things to see in Essaouira, or assist you in finding your way back to your accommodation.
- Food and drink tastings
- Entrance to the watchtower
Children 6-11 years old: reduced price
Inside Bab Sbaa square, below the clock tower
- Please be considerate of local tradition and wear appropriate clothing. We recommend covering the shoulders to the knees for both men and women
- Be sure to bring an extra layer of clothing due to extreme wind on top of the watchtower
- Once you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. Print it, and we'll see you at the start point
- This is a child-friendly tour, but not stroller-friendly
Kick off your Essaouira tour under the iconic clocktower to begin a journey back in time and traditi...
Morocco's argan oil is well-known for its medicinal and wellbeing properties, and there's no better ...
Essaouira is a character-filled seaside city that's known as the ‘Jewel of the Atlantic'. It's famou...
From sea level to high altitude, this is a full day trip with a side-order of adventure. You'll trav...
Tiout oasis and Taroudant are just a short distance away and can be visited on this daytrip from Aga...
Set in the heart of Morocco's High Atlas Mountains, you'll find the oldest and largest collective ap...