The Outlander, Palaces and Jacobites experience from Edinburgh
- Visit Linlithgow Palace, Culross Palace and Blackness Castle
- See Hopetoun House and Midhope Tower
- Make the most of a full day exploring the sets of the famous TV series: Outlander
- Enjoy return transportation from Edinburgh in a luxury mini coach
Departing from Edinburgh, this tour will travel north-west, venturing to Midhope Castle which is also known as Outlander's Lallybroch Castle where you can soak up the atmospheric surroundings before you head to the Blackness Castle. This castle, perhaps better known as the Headquarters of Outlander's Black Jack Randall, is on the shores of the Firth of Forth so get ready to take in some breathtaking views. Then, it's on to the Royal Burgh of Linlithgow, where you can visit Linlithgow Palace, Outlander's Wentworth Prison which was originally used as a relaxing retreat for the Royal Family on journeys between Edinburgh and Stirling Castle.
After Linlithgow Palace, you'll travel to the country home of Callendar House. The house, now a museum, dates back to the 14th Century and is definitely worth checking out with it's beautiful surroundings. Then, it's time to head to the Royal Burgh of Culross which is a small village nestled on the coast of Fife, Culross is arguably the best example of a 17th century village in Scotland. Here, you will have free time to explore the village and its cobbled streets and quaint Biscuit Café. The last stop of the day will be at Hopetoun House which is a grand stately home dating back to the 17th century. It's surrounded by a deer park and nature trails so you'll be spoiled for choice when it comes to deciding what to do with your time here!
- Knowledgeable driver and guide
- Luxury, air-conditioned coach
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned coach
- Entrance to the sites or museums
- Food and beverages
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Tips (optional)
- Senior (over 60 years old): Reduced
- Student (with a valid id): Reduced
- Children (5-16 years old): Reduced
521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE.
Please meet your guide outside the green Ensign Ewart pub at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
- Children under 5 years old cannot participate in this tour
- Please bring warm and/or waterproof clothing, wear comfortable shoes and take sunblock or a hat for sunny days
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour
- This tour only runs in English but digital translations are available in Italian, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese
- This tour varies depending on the season, please consult the calendar for availability
- It departs at 8.30am
You'll follow in the footsteps of Scotland's greatest legends Rob Roy and William Wallace, discover ...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
A chilling way to explore Edinburgh after dark – and underground. Strictly adult-only, this ghost to...
You'll journey through the Central Highlands taking in the waterfalls of the Hermitage Forest Walk, ...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...
JK Rowling is a moderately influential woman who's sold a few books...on this tour you'll dive deep ...
See the beautiful Loch Lomond and the breathtaking Highlands on this day trip and finish it up with ...
What better way to start your bus tour journey than at Waverley Bridge and enjoy the ride as we driv...
Travel through the heartland of Scotland, exploring some of the most important historical sites in S...
Food and Drink Tour off the beaten track in Edinburgh Join me, Karly, as we meander through Edinburg...