Full-day tour of Agra from Delhi
- See the best sightseeing areas of Agra
- Discover the beauty of India's symbolic Taj Mahal
- Marvel at unique Indian architecture and monuments
In the morning you will be picked-up from your respective hotel and driven to Agra to visit the world-famous Taj Mahal. Perhaps no other symbol epitomizes India such as the Taj Mahal. Situated on the banks of the river Yamuna, the Taj Mahal is an epitome of love, as a poem in marble by the Mughal Emperor Shahjehan for his beloved queen Mumtaz Mahal shows.
The Taj Mahal is made of white marble and its walls are decorated with exquisite pietra dura (stone inlay) work. It is said that different types of rare, precious and semi-precious stones were used in the intricate inlay work done on the interiors. This magnificent monument is set around a Charbagh or 'four garden' plan, which is split by watercourses; a reflection of the Persian style.
Later visit the Agra Fort which was the seat and the stronghold of the Mughal Empire under successive generations. This was the seat of Mughal rule and administration and the present structure owes its origins to Akbar who constructed the walls and gates and the first buildings on the eastern banks of Yamuna River.
Shah Jahan added the impressive quarters and the mosque while Aurangzeb added the outer ramparts. Visit its Hall of Public Audience and its Royal Pavilions. You will then be driven back to Delhi to your hotels.
- Round-trip transportation
- Entrance fees
- English speaking local guide
- Children (6-11 years)
Pick-up from your hotel in Delhi
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- This tour is available for a maximum of 7 people
- Over 12 years must purchase an adult ticket
- This tour requires a lot of walking so comfortable shoes and clothing are suggested
- Please bring your own water bottles, sunglasses and caps
- The tour is not recommended for children under the age of 6. If you do wish children under the age of 6 to participate, please select the reduced price option
- Daily (except Friday) at 8.30am
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before departure
The capital of India is a potent mix of old and new, showcasing the country's mighty history and thi...
Take part in this sightseeing tour of Old Delhi visiting The Red Fort overlooking the river Yamuna, ...
You are invited to become part of the unique mix of colors, smells, sounds, tastes and unforgettable...
Over the centuries, Delhi has been shaped by diverse influences in all aspects. Naturally, the city ...
You will be picked up from your hotel in Delhi at 07:00 hrs. and dropped off at the Nizamuddin Railw...
First, you will be picked up from your hotel in Delhi and driven to Agra. After checking in to your ...