5 days Salkantay trek
- Experience the sacred landscapes of the Incas on a 5-day trek to Machu Picchu
- Hike though the Mollepata Valley and across the peaks of mountains
- Hike along the Urubamba River to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
Experience the sacred landscapes of the Incas on a 5-day trek to Machu Picchu. Hike though the Mollepata Valley and across the peaks of mountains such as Tocto (4,900 meters). Descend to the lush subtropics and meet up with an ancient Inca road. Then, follow it to the ruins of Llactapata near the ancient city of Machu Picchu. Hike along the Urubamba River to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes) at the base of Machu Picchu. Wake early to climb the steep paths to the ancient citadel, and watch a beautiful sunrise at the top.
Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa (bus and trek)
Depart Cusco at 05:00am and drive for 3 hours to the village of Mollepata. Then, take a 4-hour walk through the flora and fauna of the Mollepata Valley. Enjoy a typical lunch, and continue with a 3-hour trek to the first campsite of your trip, located in the heights of Soraypampa. Upon arrival, enjoy a chef-prepared regional meal before you retire for the night.
Day 2: Soraypampa – Colpapampa (trek)
Wake early and enjoy a hearty breakfast to set you up for an exciting day of hiking ahead. Cross the slopes of the mountains, climbing from an altitude of 3,400 meters above sea level to 4,650 meters above sea level. See stunning glaciers, including the large glacier at Salqantay. After a good meal, continue to the campsite at Collpa Bamba for your second night of sleeping under the stars.
Day 3: Colpapampa – La Playa – Santa Teresa
Wake at 06:00am and enjoy a good breakfast before continuing through the rainforest to the small town of Playa. Experience the startling contrast between the little town and the rainforest you just walked through. Then, rest your legs a while as you take a local bus to Santa Teresa. Relax in a hot spring and spend your final night camping under the stars.
Day 4: Santa Teresa – Machu Picchu Pueblo (trek)
Enjoy breakfast at the campsite before hiking past the many waterfalls of a route that takes you to the hydroelectric power plant. Enjoy lunch at the power plant before the 2-hour trek to Machu Picchu Pueblo ("Aguas Calientes") at the foot of the citadel.
Day 5: Machu Picchu – Cusco
Awake at 04:30am for the 1.5-hour climb up the steep path to Machu Picchu, and arrive in time to see the sunrise. Benefit from 2 hours of private guidance in the Machu Picchu citadel. Then, wander freely until noon to take photographs, walk or climb to the summit of Wayna Picchu or stroll to the Intipunku or Inka Drawbridge. Return to Machu Picchu Pueblo at the time provided on your itinerary (02:26pm, 06:03pm, 07:00pm or other time).
- Roomy dining tent and kitchen, chairs and dining tables
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Cusco to Mollepata
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Professional bilingual guide, cook, and assistants
- 1 night of lodging in 2 stars hotel in Aguas Calientes
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 afternoon snacks (hot drink and popcorn), and 4 dinners
- Oxygen ball for some emergency
- Pick-up from hotels not in Downtown (Extra charge)
- Thermal baths
- Meals not mentioned
- Bus service in Machupicchu (up/down)
- Sleeping bag
- Service and extra expense
- Transportation from Santa Teresa to Cocalmayo
- Down Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
Pick-up from your hotel
- The day before of the trek you'll have a brief at 07.00 pm in your hotel where the guide will answer all your questions
- We recommend wearing winter clothing
- Every day
Explore the remote villages of the Peruvian Andes and fabled Sacred Valley of the Incas on a combine...
Immerse yourself in the fascinating culture and history of the Incan Empire with this 2-day tour to ...
We will get away from the crowds to visit Sacsayhuaman, an impressive citadel full of colossal const...
The Sacred Valley of the Incas welcomes us every day. On the way we will stop at Awanacancha, a plac...
In the morning we will set off for the archaeological sanctuary of Pachacamac which is located at on...
We will climb the lit pre-Columbian pyramid where the Larco Museum is built, and discover the treasu...
We will begin our exploration by learning more about the ancient Peruvian inhabitants in the Larco M...
The Great Cemetery of Hatum Colla is located along the road to Juliaca, 30 km away from Puno. Here l...
From Puno city, we will take a motor boat to Taquile Island and the floating islands of the Uros com...
We will climb up the Archeological Park of Sacsayhuaman, and start our excursion visiting the fortre...