1893 World's Fair tour with bars
- Enjoy a great combination of local food and drinks
- See the incredible architecture of the city
- Learn the fascinating history of turn-of-the-century Chicago
- Have fun with visual scavenger hunts and clue-based games
On this unique walking tour, the food and beer connect with stories of the 1893 World’s Fair. With just intermittent walks outside, the 1893 World’s Fair tour is a great walking tour all year round. Explore hidden and little-known buildings from the time of the World’s Fair. While many people think that you have to go south of downtown to understand the history of the World’s Fair, its impact on the architecture and landscape of downtown Chicago is still visible today.
Main things you will see on the tour:
- Colorful mosaics in a hotel built for the 1893 World’s Fair
- The sweeping grand lobby of the Auditorium Building
- Ride one of the last elevators downtown with a human operator
- Delicious German food at the Berghoff Restaurant
- A secret alley building
- The opulent Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, once an exclusive men’s club
- Professional tour guide commentary
- Shared iPads with historic photos
- Beer tasting of three samples (or glass of wine if you prefer)
- Tastings that can comprise a light meal
- Game prizes and gifts
- Drinks: at our meeting spot, you are welcome to get a drink at the bar before check-in. For your third possible drink stop, you may independently purchase a beer, wine, or cocktail of their choice.
- Tour guide gratuity or giving program donation
520 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
Please meet in the lobby of the Congress Plaza Hotel.
- Wednesday: 1.30pm
- Friday: 1.30pm
- Saturday: 4.00pm
Go on a historic Chicago pub crawl with an educational twist! Explore Chicago’s entertainment histor...
You'll get the best view and experience the greatest perspective on Chicago with this admission tick...
On this architectural walking tour, step inside magnificent lobbies, corridors and the underground P...
Satisfy every craving on this slow-paced and delicious food walking tour around Chicago's most belov...
Chicago’s Chinatown is located right near The Loop Historic District and is dense with popular resta...
This tour will take you through one of the most architecturally striking and culturally dynamic citi...
Learn to Make Chicago Deep Dish Pizza with a Local Chicago is famous for it's Deep Dish pizza and no...
Work up a mean appetite on a four-hour, guided bike tour around Chicago. Bypass the long lines at so...
Spanish tapas and live Flamenco in the Chicago West Side Get ready for a colorful evening of authent...
Remember that time when you were little and one of your imaginary friends took your hand and led you...