Explore the residential area of Adyar and get introduced to the traditional cuisine of South India. The Adyar neighborhood gets its name from the Adyar river that flows nearby. It has rich historical and cultural roots; and it's known for some iconic, long-established local eateries. In this tour, we will walk through the quiet (and sometimes not so quiet) bylanes of Adyar. We will visit local provision and specialty shops to learn about the ingredients and spices that go into south Indian foods. We will sample the delicacies at well-known family-run establishments that have stood the test of time. Stop for lunch at a local cafe that specializes in the rural cuisine of the southern states, where we will introduce you to delicious and wholesome rural food from Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, and Karnataka.
Food walk through Adyar
Duration: from 2 hours to 3 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Explore the residential area of Adyar
- Sample traditional cuisine of South India
- Learn about Adyar's iconic local eateries and specialty shops
What to expect
- Local guide
- Food sampling
- Pick-up to and from your hotel
- All applicable taxes
What's not included
- Children (6-12 years)
- Pick-up from your city hotel in Chennai
- The pick-up is only from city hotels (within 10km) and if guest wish to be picked up in the outskirts there will be a supplement to be paid on-site”
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- Guests are advised to wear comfortable clothing
- Bring your own bottle, sunglasses, and caps
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with our local partner. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Children below 6 years old are not allowed to join this tour
- Pick-up starts at 13.00
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the activity begins.