From the sculptures embedded in its myriad temple walls and through the multitude of dance schools scattered all over the city to the ubiquitous dance sequences in contemporary Tamil cinema, Chennai presents a story of its life through dance. In this tour, you will embark on a journey through Chennai’s dance saga as you take a peek inside hallowed institutions, as a dancer walks you through the basic elements of Bharatanatyam. Figure out how to interpret stories veiled by the subtlety of the dancers' gestures then let yourself loose as a choreographer takes you through dance routines that are almost a must in South Indian Cinema. There are many fascinating stories to be discovered along the way as you get to learn the stories of the city and its traditional dances and the many ways that they touch people's lives.
Bharatanatyam dance half-day experience in Chennai
- Enjoy a Bharatanatyam dance performance
- Let yourself loose as a choreographer takes you through South Indian classic dance routines
- Learn the stories of the city and its traditional dances and the many ways that they touch people's lives
- Return air-conditioned transport
- English-speaking local guide and dance instructor
- Child (age 4-11)
Pick-up from your hotel in Chennai. The pick-up is only from city hotels (within 10km) and if guests wish to be picked up in the outskirts there will be a supplement to be paid on site.
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
- Children below 4 years old are not allowed to join this tour
- Comfortable clothing is suggested
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with our local partner. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Pick-up starts from 3.30pm