Half-day tour of volcano Etna by buggy
- Get super close to the astonishing - and still active - Sicilian volcano Etna
- Drive a buggy up and down the slopes of the mount following the instructions of your expert guide
- Enjoy the breathtaking view on the landscape all around you from Mount Etna
Exploring the Sicilian volcano Etna aboard a buggy is a true once-in-a-lifertime experience. Setting off from the base at the foot of Mount Etna after a quick briefing on how to drive the buggies, you will proceed towards the little villages of Pedara and then Nicolosi. Everything will be guided by one or more support vehicles and there will be radio transmitter communication between the vehicles.
At a short distance from the town, you will continue the drive along an off-road track which passes by an old lava rock quarry, where the buggies will "show off" all their off-road handling skills. After the thrilling off-road driving experience, you’ll go along a scenic road which leads to Rifugio Sapienza. Along the way, have the chance to stop and take some photos of the most scenic spots around you. After a coffee break at the Corsaro bar/restaurant, walk around the top of the Silvestri Craters.
Then get back on your buggy and take the road down to Cassone lava cave. There, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy a quick visit inside the cava wearing helmets and carrying torches. During the following part of the route, you will stop to admire the immense Valle del Bove from Mount Zoccolaro. You will then head to Zafferana Etnea, Viagrande and San Gregorio - an experince you won't easily forget.
- One buggy for 2 people (driver + passenger)
- Expert dozers guide
- Transportation to the meeting point
Via Umberto 106, San Gregorio di Catania, CT
Please present your voucher at the Acquaterra office.
- You need to own and bring along your EU driving licence to be allowed to drive the buggy. People younger than 18 can't drive the buggy (but they can, of course, be passengers)
- Please note that this experience does not include transportation to the selected place
- If the weather conditions are too bad to drive safely, the activity will be cancelled and you'll be given a full refund
This tour runs daily. Available starting hours are:
- 9:00am (always)
- 2:00pm (only from the 1st of May until the 30th of September)
Planeta brings together five estates with wineries located from west to east throughout Sicily. It i...
By joining this afternoon tour, the Sicilian sunset and the multi-coloured Etnean sky will become pe...
Spend a day around the zone of Mount Etna, immersed in nature away from the chaos and traffic of tra...
Visit the vibrant local market and the traditional food shops with the Cesarina and immerse yourself...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Catania ...
Bronte pistachio estate tour and lunch Get driven from Catania to Bronte to stroll through ancient p...