Eat Hungary - gourmet walking tour
- Delight in delicious Hungarian specialties
- Discover the heart of downtown and the Jewish quarter
- Learn about Hungarian history, tradition and culture along the way
Discover Hungarian cuisine with 8 different tastings of authentic mouthwatering specialties during a guided walking tour through the heart of downtown Pest and the Jewish Quarter. Eat your way around Budapest! A foodie revolution has swept through the city in recent years and brought with it Michelin star gourmet restaurants, reinvented market halls, street vendors, elegant cafes and quirkey food trucks. On the Eat Hungary tour not only do you get a perfect day of eating with the help of a knowledgable local guide, but you'll also learn a little bit about Hungarian history, traditions and culture along the way. You guide will take you off the beaten path to local eateries and shops not frequented by all the regular tourists. The tour begins at the Cityrama office with a Welcome 'Túró Rudi' (a chilled chocolate covered dessert) and stops at Belvárosi Piac the downtown market hall on Hold utca (NOT to be confused with the Central Market Hall), local butcher shop, cheese shop, traditional restaurants and finally a neighborhood pub for a taste of locally made artisanal beer. There is a little something for everyone on this delicious tour!
- Professional tour guide
- All samples
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Children 2 years and under: free
- Children 3-12 years of age: reduced
CITYRAMA/GRAYLINE Tourist Information, Báthory utca 19, 1054 Budapest
- This tour includes approximately 2 kms of walking, so please bring comfortable shoes
- Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated with advanced notice
- Minimum persons: 2
- April - October: Monday, Thursday and Friday at 2.00pm
- November - March: Friday at 2.00pm
Experience Budapest to the full extent! Enjoy a cozy organ concert in one of the most beautiful neo-...
Being the city with the largest active Jewish community of Central Europe, Budapest has much to show...
Dive into the nightlife of Budapest in a fascinating way, on board of a river cruise by night that t...
With its 21 pools, Széchenyi Spa is the largest thermal bath complex in Budapest and one of the larg...
Each tour starts with a practice session of around 20 minutes, this isn't part of your tour time. Le...
Your scenic bike ride will start in the center of Budapest, stopping at the most attractive sights o...