Communist Bucharest Tour
- Learn about the communist era in Romania
- Find out more about the life of the Bucharest inhabitants
- Visit with the guide the most remarkable attractions in the center of the city
Learn how the communist time influenced the lives of the people of Bucharest and Romania. Discover the past of the city on our 4-hour tour. Although the Communist era did not preside over the city for a long time (about 40 years), it definitely left deep marks in the history of the place and in the souls and minds of the people living there.
This trip follows the most remarkable tourist attractions and cultural heritage sites in the center of the city. Together, you will learn about Bucharest’s Communist architecture and history, about the influence Communism had over its people and about notorious Ceausescu and his wife and everything they did to the city during their reign.
The tour starts in the morning at your hotel and includes the following itinerary:
- Free Press House and Free Press Square
- Ceausescu Private Villa in Primaverii district, opened this year to visitors
- Revolution Square
- The Memorial of Rebirth
- Statue of Iuliu Maniu and Cornelui Coposu
- The Former Communist Party Central Committee
- University Square, Intercontinental Hotel and National Theatre
- Dambovita River and Manuc's Inn
- Unirii Square and Unirii Shopping Building
- Boulevard of Socialist Victory
- Unirii Fountains
- Constitution square
- Palace of Parliament
Entrance to Parliamnet Palace and Ceausesc Private Villa are optional but strongly recommended since both are symbols of the Communist era in Bucharest.
The tour ends with a drop-off at your hotel.
- Licensed English speaking guide
- Car or minivan with A.C. according to group size
- Guided tours at all sights included
- Entrance fees to Parliamnet Palace and Ceausesc Private Villa
- Photo fees
- Pick up and drop off are included
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Travel outside of Bucharest for a full-day tour exploring two castles beginning with a visit to Sina...
Your Bucharest sightseeing tour will start with pick-up service offered from your hotel. Spend the n...
On your full-day tour from Bucharest to Northern Bulgaria you will drive two hours from Bucharest to...
Bucharest is definitely a fascinating city for anyone crossing its borders. But there is more to see...
Discover in half a day the history, culture and best sights of Bucharest You may be staying in Bucha...
Discover the most fascinating wine cellars in Romania.The trip sets off from Bucharest in the mornin...