Berlin Wall private bike tour with local guide
- See the remains of the famous Berlin Wall
- Enjoy a relaxed bike ride with your guide
- Listen to insightful local stories
- 100% private with traditional Currywurst plate
What comes to your mind when you think of Berlin?That’s right, it’s the Berlin Wall! The remains of the famous wall tell visitors around the world incredible stories and give great insights into the past. Who know them best? Your local guide! Take a bike trip to Berlin’s past as you learn more about its history from your local guide at your own pace.
In this Withlocals Originals Bike Tour the local of your choice brings you the the main historical spots of the city, while sharing with you stories from Berlin’s harsh history. es. Get to know real stories about how East and West were divided but also how life used to go on in those days.
Begin your journey at the famous Tunnel 29, now a regular subway stop, where you’ll listen to the story of the 29 Berliners who escaped to West Berlin in 1962. Bike past the places that East Berliners tried to use to escape. You’ll get to the Nordbahnhof, known as the Ghost Station, to the once terrifying Kieler Eck command tower and the unique family home right at the past border of West and East Berlin.
Is there more? Yes, there is! See popular highlights like the Holocaust Memorial and the Brandenburg Gate while getting great insights only known by locals. Have a stop in a cosy local cafe for the best special made Currywurst: see how it's prepared by the owner itself!
This is the plan:
- Stop 1 - Alexa building at Alexanderplatz - let's meet up and go at a very close shop to take our bikes
- Stop 2 - Tunnel 29 - Hear the story of the dramatic events of 1962, when 29 people managed to escape to West Berlin
- Stop 3 - Nordbahnhof - learn about the "ghost station" and its secrets
- Stop 4 - Wachturm Kieler Eck - find out about the East's anti-escape strategies
- Stop 5 - Reichstag - admire the impressive architecture of this imposing building
- Stop 6 - Brandenburger Tor - one of Berlin's most important monuments – a landmark and symbol all in one with over two hundred years of history
- Stop 7 - Holocaust memorial - get a glimpse of history and its remaining symbols
- Stop 8 - Potsdamer Platz - find out everything about the Topography of Terror monument
- Stop 9 - Typisch Berlin - taste one of the best currywurst in town, and get ready for more awesome stories!
- Stop 10 - Checkpoint Charlie - see the best-known border crossing between East and West Berlin during the Cold War
- Stop 11 - Balanceakt - a metaphor sculpture in memory of Axel Springer and his longstanding hope for German reunification.
- Stop 12 - Baumhaus an der Mauer - an unconventional, authentic, household, with an amazing story!
- Private local guide
- Bike rental
- 1 hand-made currywurst
- Extra snacks and drinks
- Pick-up service
Grunerstraße 20, 10179 Berlin, Germany
Meet your guide in front of the Alexa building at Alexanderplatz, Grunerstraße 20.
- Moderate amount of walking included
- This tour is a private tour, the price depends on the number of participants
- Available daily
- Please select your starting time at the time of booking
- Confirmation of guide's contact details will be sent after booking
Enjoy moving classical music presented by the Berlin Residence Orchestra in the stylish and historic...
Have you just arrived in Berlin and don't know where to start? This tour is the perfect solution: ou...
Discover Berlin’s ambivalent queer history, including both periods of celebration of sexual freedom ...
On this private tour you’ll cruise through the parks and streets of Berlin on an easy-to-ride Segway...
The East Side Gallery is an international memorial for freedom and the longest open air gallery in t...
Experience Berlin during the evening on this fantastic 2-hour Segway tour. Explore the city on Segwa...