Alternative Berlin street art guided tour
- Learn more about Berlin's street art, graffiti and alternative districts
- Get to know interesting facts about protests, riots and demonstrations in the past
- Step on places where a unique art and nightlife culture grew after the fall of the wall
- Be inspired by your guide with tips on cultural activities, restaurants and nightlife hot spots
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity and became a magnet for non-conformists in search of an alternative lifestyle. Sub-cultures, squats and graffiti art became part of Berlin’s distinct style, and with the fall of the Berlin Wall the scene didn’t disappear, it simply moved east.
Explore the gritty, grungy underground scene that Berliners love! Witness the clash between corporate expansion and counter-culture.
Attention, an AB zone ticket, that you have to acquire on your own, is required.
- Guided city tour
- Entrance to the visited attractions
- AB zone ticket for the transfer
- Flexible ticket: valid for 3 days before your chosen starting date, and then for up to 3 days afterwards
- Groups of 10+ Adults: reduced
- Students (with valid student ID): reduced
- Groups of 10+ students (with valid student ID): reduced
- Children ages (0-13): free
Pariser Platz 6A, 10117 Berlin, Germany
The tour starts in East Berlin in front of the Starbucks at the Brandenburg Gate (S/U-Bahn Brandenburger Tor). Just look for the team in red SANDEMANs NEW Europe T-shirts!
- ATTENTION: This tour involves a transfer by public transport. Please acquire a ticket for the city center zone AB before the tour starts
- This tour operates Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 2:30pm
Have you just arrived in Berlin and don't know where to start? This tour is the perfect solution: ou...
Ostpolitik, DDR, Stasi, Ostalgie, Trabi and the Wall. Do these names and acronyms take you back to f...
Captivating special effects bring 750 years of Berlin’s history to life! At Little BIG City, the uni...
Perfect for all first-time Berlin explorers and for those that want to experience the beautiful city...
Why walk when you can ride with us? The best way to explore Berlin is on our exclusive Segways. Disc...
On this private tour you’ll cruise through the parks and streets of Berlin on an easy-to-ride Segway...