Guided tour to Montserrat from Barcelona with tapas and wine tasting
- Discover the amazing mountain and monastery of Montserrat in a small group
- Browse the souvenir shop and the Farmer's Market
- Explore the grounds of Oller del Mas, a 10th century castle
- Stroll through the vineyards and the cellar
- Sample three organic château wines
- Enjoy a delicious local tapas lunch
Upon arrival to the meeting point, you will be introduced to your local guide and the rest of the group. When everyone is set, you'll depart to the Montserrat Monastery, located an hour away from central Barcelona. Montserrat is a unique mountain in the world, certainly worth a visit if you are in the area. It is considered to be the cornerstone of the Catalan culture, history, nature, and spirituality. Your guide will provide plenty of information about it all during the guided visit. You will see atrium, where many events of the country’s history are depicted; the Basilica, inside of which sits the Black Madonna, and its outstanding façade; the 15th-century cloister; and the Santa Maria square. At the end of the guided visit, you will have some free time (around half an hour) to browse the Monastery’s souvenir shop, get a cup of coffee, discover local cheese and honey from Farmer’s Market, or soak in the magnificent views from the famous Stairway to Heaven.
After Montserrat, we head to the grounds Oller del Mas, located at the feet of Montserrat. The half-hour drive from the monastery offers wonderful views of the mountain – make sure not to miss them! Oller del Mas is one of the most important wineries in Catalonia, having recently earned the “vi de finca” distinction and the “Best Wine Experience” award. This organic cellar is located in a 10th-century castle, which you will be exclusively allowed to explore with your guide. During the wine tour you will visit the vineyards, the barrel room, and the wine production area. The wine tasting will take place at the end of the visit. You will be able to sample three organic red wines paired with a totally tasty cold tapas lunch with dessert. The lunch consists of six pieces of pà amb tomàquet (Catalan bread with rubbed tomato) topped with fresh ingredients such as cured meats, goat cheese and jam, roasted peppers, wild asparagus, and tuna fish. We cater for any special dietary requirements such as vegetarian or gluten-free diets and any sort of food restrictions. Your guide will ask you about it at the beginning of the tour.
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Local English speaking guide
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery (1 hour and 15 minutes)
- Half an hour free time at Montserrat
- Guided visit to Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
- Wine tasting (3 organic wines)
- Selection of Catalan tapas + dessert
- Possibility to buy the wines tasted and to ship them home
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
- Infant 0-3: free
- Children 4-12 years old: reduced
- Senior over 65 years old: reduced
Plaça de Catalunya, 21, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Plaza Catalunya, 21 (in front of the Hard Rock Café). Look for the pink umbrella
- Our tours depart on time to avoid delays. Please note that late shows or no shows are not refunded
- Group size is maximum of 16 people
- Transportation will be shared with other groups
- Please note that we reserve the right to modify the order of the sites visited if considered necessary
- This tour can be booked as private, also in other languages. Please contact us for more information
- If you have reduced mobility, contact us before booking. We’ll do our best to welcome you on board!
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved
- Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona. Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided
- We cater for any dietary allergies or restrictions
- Daily at 8.45am (please arrive at least 15 minutes before the departure)
- Blackout dates: 1 and 6 January, 27 April, 25 December
Avoid the crowds with early access to Montserrat Monastery.This tour not only invites you to know th...
With the Montjuïc & Panoramic Tour you get the privilege to soak in outstanding views and city lands...
Barcelona is known as the capital of Modernism and the place where the famous architect Antoni Gaudí...
In just 35 minutes the Aerobús shuttle connects Barcelona-El Prat airport with the center of Barcelo...
Depart by bus from Plaza Catalunya with an expert guide. Discover the magical and elegant Passeig de...
Experience two of Gaudí’s great artistic expressions with a local guide in the vibrant city of Barce...
Ever wonder what it was like to live in Medieval Barcelona? With this tour you can travel through ti...
The Barcelona Aquàrium is located in the old harbor, Port Vell, and is the world’s largest aquarium ...
Three hours indulging in the spectacular works of Antoni Gaudi. You will start with the biggies, the...
During this guided walking tour you will discover the Catalan capital’s splendid past. You will have...