Guided tour and Barbera tasting at Cantine Coppo
- Tour the UNESCO World Heritage wine cellars with a guide
- Taste four classic or four premium wines
- Experience the 100-year-old ‘underground cathedrals’
- Explore nearby Canelli, the capital of spumante
Coppo is a member of The Grand Wine Tour: an association of the finest wineries across Italy offering exclusive wine tastings, boutique hotels, Michelin-starred restaurants and unique activities dedicated to wine lovers and a luxury clientele. TGWT Mark of Excellence is the very first Italian certification of quality distinguishing high standards in wine tourism hospitality.
Venture beneath Canelli Hill with your local guide to discover the UNESCO-listed labyrinth of the Coppo cellars and taste a selection of fine wines.
Known as the ‘underground cathedrals’ for their spectacular beauty, these passages were built at the end of the nineteenth century to house the vintages of this renowned Italian winery.
During your visit, you’ll also pass through the chardonnay and pinot nero fermentation rooms, where the two are combined to form Coppo's spumanti (fermented cuvée sparkling wine as well as fermented vintage sparkling wine) - the so-called millesimati.
Besides spumanti, nowadays the production at Coppo primarily focuses on Barbera - the winery played an important part in reviving the barbera variety - Chardonnay and Moscato d'Asti, typical from these areas.
Your tour finishes with a tasting of four Coppo wines.
- Bottle fermented cuvée sparkling wine
- Barbera d’Asti DOCG
- Moscato d’Asti DOCG
- Bottle fermented vintage sparkling wine
(metodo classico millesimato)
- Monteriolo Chardonnay
- Pomorosso Barbera d’Asti DOCG
- Moncalvina Moscato d’Asti ‘Canelli’ DOCG
- Luigi Coppo Brut Traditional Method
- Clelia Coppo Brut Rosé vintage Traditional Method
- Riserva Coppo Brut vintage Traditional Method
- Moncalvina Moscato d’Asti Docg – sottozona Canelli
BARBERA TOUR (from September)
1) a visit to the Unesco World Heritage cellars
2) a tasting consisting of:
- L’Avvocata Barbera d’Asti
- Camp du Rouss Barbera d’Asti
- Pomorosso Barbera d’Asti
- Moncalvina Moscato d’Asti Docg – subzone of Canelli
1) A visit to the Unesco World Heritage cellars
2) A tasting consisting of:
- Clelia Coppo Brut Rosè – Traditional Method Spumante
- Costebianche Chardonnay Piemonte DOC
- Monteriolo Chardonnay Piemonte DOC current vintage
- Monteriolo Chardonnay Piemonte DOC old vintage
- Guided winery tour
- Wine tasting
Via Alba, 68, 14053 Canelli AT, Italy
Via Alba 68, 14053 Canelli (AT) - tel +390141-823146.
- Every day at 9.30am; 11.00am; 2.00pm; 4.30pm
Chiarlo is a member of The Grand Wine Tour: an association of the finest wineries across Italy offer...
Cascina Chicco is a member of The Grand Wine Tour: an Association of the finest wineries across Ital...
The Ceretto Winery is a member of The Grand Wine Tour: an Association of the finest wineries across ...
In this area, named Basso Monferrato, just one hour from Milan, Turin and Genoa, families scattered ...
La Raia Estate produces certified organic wine and wheat, Elena, Piero and Irene will introduce you ...
Tenuta Santa Caterina è un’azienda vitivinicola che si trova a Grazzano Badoglio, nel cuore del Monf...
Lidia and Paolo left Milan some years ago because they fell in love with Alto Monferrato, a portion ...
This visit will introduce you to a small artisanal winery that produces 20,000 bottles per year.You ...
Visit the vibrant local market and the traditional food shops with the Cesarina and immerse yourself...
Il pacchetto comprende la visita alla Wine Experience e una degustazione guidata da un sommelier.Que...