Skip-the-line Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum guided tour
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum
- Indulge in some of Holland’s most celebrated artists, like Rembrandt
- Learn about the man behind the famous sunflowers and self-portraits
- Choose between a small group up to 8 people or a privately guided tour
Museum enthusiasts, listen up! This 5.5 hour small group or private tour includes two of Amsterdam’s most popular museums and is an ideal way to experience them both during a day of art and culture. Your charming guide will provide tickets for you to enter both the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum in a group of no more than 8 guests or enjoy the museums in a private group of only your friends and family.
To begin this tour you’ll explore the Rijksmuseum to indulge in some of Holland’s most celebrated artists, like Rembrandt, while learning about the country’s rich history through a collection of 8000 works. Your guide will share their favorite stories about the museum’s most prominent and even quirkiest pieces. Discuss familiar names like Rembrandt as well as lesser known items like 17th century dollhouses. Understand the meaning behind Vermeer’s “The Milkmaid” and marvel at the expansive 19th century library. At the end of the tour, you’ll have a good overview of the museum’s collection and you may even know how to pronounce its name correctly.
You’ve probably heard about one of the world’s most famous painters, Vincent Van Gogh. But what do you actually know about this Dutch artist? After a break for lunch you'll be introduced to the man behind the famous sunflowers and self-portraits on this intimate tour of the Van Gogh Museum. Learn about him through his iconic paintings of people eating potatoes and of his own bedroom, or maybe his “Wheat field with Crows” or “Yellow House.” Visit the world’s largest collection of Van Gogh’s works to learn about his turbulent life stretching from his days in Holland to his dramatic ending in France. And yes, don’t worry, you’ll discuss that whole ear incident.
- Entry to the museums
- Professional tour guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up or dropoff
- Children aged (0-9): reduced
- Youth aged (10-17): reduced
Hobbemastraat 18, 1071 ZB Amsterdam, Netherlands
Meet your guide outside the Cobra Cafe by the Toilet/Parking entrance on the north side of the building facing the Rijksmuseum (between the bicycle lane and the Cobra Cafe).
- Choose to join a small group tour or enjoy a private tour at checkout
- Small groups don’t exceed 8 people
- For small goup tours a minimum of 2 guests is required for it to operate
- In the event that this number is not met an alternative date or full refund will be offered
- You may be asked to show your ID, please bring your passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags are not allowed
- Only the private tour is available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Daily at 10.00am
Escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam on a half-day guided tour of the Dutch countryside, starti...
The most famous painter of the Dutch Golden Age by far is Rembrandt van Rijn. The painter lived and ...
Enjoy the fascinating private walking tour of the beautiful city of Amsterdam and discover its uniqu...
Take advantage of a special combination for Amsterdam that includes a 24-hour hop-on, hop-off bus ti...
During your Amsterdam walking tour, your local expert guide will take you through the city's most fa...
Hear stories about Vincent Van Gogh and get to know him as a person in the Vincentre museum. Located...