Rijksmuseum and Amsterdam History city center guided tour
- Choose between a small group up to 8 people or a private tour
- Skip-the-line museum entry
- Indulge in some of Holland’s most celebrated artists, like Rembrandt
- Navigate the snaking streets of the city center with your guide
- Walk over iconic canals and bridges
For those who aren’t familiar with Dutch culture – and who is really? – explore its rich and vibrant past on this popular combo tour. It’s the perfect way to mix culture, history, and sightseeing while spending the day with your vibrant young guide. The 5 to 5.5 hour small group or private tour will include a visit to the Rijksmuseum followed by a historic walking tour of the city center. Join up to 8 travelers together to discover the streets and sights of Amsterdam and the Rijksmuseum or enjoy a private group of only your friends and family Guides will provide you with a ticket that allows you to skip the line at the museum.
Begin at Holland’s answer to the Louvre, called the Rijksmuseum. Explore Dutch history through a selection over 8000 objects on display. Discuss familiar names like Rembrandt as well as lesser known items like 17th century dollhouses. Understand the meaning behind Vermeer’s “The Milkmaid” and marvel at the expansive 19th century library. At the end of the tour, you’ll have a good overview of the museum’s collection and you may even know how to pronounce its name correctly.
After a break for lunch, move outdoors and orient yourself to Amsterdam with an introduction to its history and learn how a small 12th century fishing village with a simple dam became one of the most popular capital cities in the world. Your guide will crisscross its iconic canals and bridges while peeking into its quiet courtyards, offering a postcard image of the city. You will discover its leaning houses and other landmarks while learning how to navigate the oftentimes tricky streets of the city center.
- Entry to the museums
- Professional tour guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up or dropoff
Hobbemastraat 18, 1071 ZB Amsterdam, Netherlands
Meet your guide outside the Cobra Cafe by the Toilet/Parking entrance on the north side of the building facing the Rijksmuseum (between the bicycle lane and the Cobra Cafe).
- Choose to join a small group tour or enjoy a private tour at checkout
- Small groups don’t exceed 8 people
- For small goup tours a minimum of 2 guests is required for it to operate
- In the event that this number is not met an alternative date or full refund will be offered
- You may be asked to show your ID, please bring your passport or ID card
- Please note tour will operate rain or shine
- Unfortunately this tour is not available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Tours operate Daily
- Small group tours at 10.00am
- Private tours at 10.00am
Take advantage of a combination ticket including two of the most interesting attractions in Amsterda...
Take advantage of a special combination for Amsterdam that includes a 24-hour hop-on, hop-off bus ti...
Combine a visit to the Moco Museum with a leisurely cruise along Amsterdam’s canals with this ticket...
Experience Amsterdam from the water and see the best sights the city has to offer on a 75-minute can...
Discover the highlights of Amsterdam at your own pace. Create your own itinerary and admire the city...
There is no better way to experience Amsterdam than from the water. Well maybe... if you add a reall...