Half day cheese market tour to Gouda or Alkmaar from Amsterdam
- Explore the historical scene of the famous Dutch Cheese markets in the well-known cities of Alkmaar or Gouda
- Learn about the history of cheese trade according to a centuries-old tradition
- Enjoy a brief walking tour through the city led by a professional guide
People from all over the world come to visit the Dutch cheese markets to find out how cheese is traded according to a centuries-old tradition. Watch the men in traditional clothing seal their bargains for the best cheeses by means of clapping hands. After the cheese market you’ll go into the city in search of the rich history accompanied by an informative, friendly and professional live guide. Join this tour on Thursday to the Cheese Market of Gouda or on Friday to the Cheese Market of Alkmaar and let yourself be surprised by the diversity of Dutch cheeses.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- Food and drinks
- Children aged 4-11: reduced
- Infants aged 0-3: free
THIS IS HOLLAND: Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Meet your guide at THIS IS HOLLAND. You can catch the 5-minute free ferry (towards Buiksloterweg) behind the central station to get here.
You can also join the tour at the Heineken Experience bus stop in Stadhouderskade 78, Wait on the side of the main entrance of the Heineken Experience, not on the water side. Please be advised that the bus leaves from this meeting point at 8.30am.
- This experience includes a walking tour. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- People with walking difficulties are not advised to take this tour
- Please make sure you arrive well in time at your chosen starting point. Due to traffic regulations in Amsterdam the tour buses are not allowed to stop for a long time at the meeting points
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
- Gouda: Every Thursday morning from 4 April to 29 August. Departure 9.00am
- Alkmaar: Every Friday morning from April 5 to 27 September. Departure 9.00am
With this combination ticket, you can visit the Heineken Experience, skipping the lines and get a 24...
During your free walking tour of Amsterdam, you'll cover the main sights of the inner city to experi...
Passing through the typical Dutch landscape you’ll drive in about one hour and a half to the Dutch V...
Amsterdam is a city like no other. Famous for coffeeshops, bicycles and prostitution, the city is al...
During this full-day tour your first destination will be picturesque Rotterdam, where you will enjoy...
This segway city tour is full of surprises, and on your way you will see many exciting places that y...