MÚSES, The Academy of Essences guided tour
- Visit a historical landmark and visit the amazing MÚSES
- Find out curious details about the essences and herbs of Piedmont
- Take part in a sensory activity
Inside the MÚSES, a unique technological and sensory museum in Europe, you will be able to keep alive the tradition of medicinal herbs in Piedmont and go on a journey discovering the art of perfume, the essences and the flavors of the country.
Following the interactive exhibition through the video installations, site-specific works by international contemporary artists, where the secrets of the perfumery art will be revealed. The installations of the exhibition, made by international artists, are conceived to explain in a very evocative way the metamorphosis of contemporary art into the world of medicinal herbs and perfumery.
At the heart of Palazzo Taffini is the Garden of Senses, designed to stimulate the visitor’s senses through the colors of flowers, the texture of the leaves and the essences’ scent with you.
The tour will end into the fully equipped lab at MÚSES called The Sensory Room, where you will play the 'scented notes' game: the peculiarity of the aromatic notes composing a perfume, the olfactory families and the virtues of some essential oils. You can also pick your favorite scents and perfume to take home as a nice souvenir!
- Entrance ticket to The MÚSES / Palazzo Taffini
- Sensory game 'Scented Notes'
- Professional expert guide
- Guided tour of the permanent exhibition
- A little souvenir
- Guided tour of temporary exhibitions
- Infant (0-5): free
- Child (6-12): reduced
Via Sant'Andrea, 53, 12038 Savigliano CN, Italy
Meet your guide at the Ticket office MÚSES / Tourism Information Centre (ground floor) at least 15 minutes before the departure of the tour.
- Please note that the Museum is located just 20 minutes away by foot from the Savigliano station
- It is possible to park the car in a free and non-monitored parking lot nearby
- Please notify in advance any allergy to some perfume or essential oils
- 2 people is the required number to run the tour. In the unlikely event that the number will not be reached, the tour will be canceled and you will be refunded
- Every Wednesday at 3.00pm
Visit the elegant apartments hidden behind the simple facade of the Royal Palace, listed by UNESCO, ...
Welcome to Strevi, a beautiful medieval village close to Acqui Terme in Monferrato, Piedmont.Marenco...
Take part in a unique experience through the marvelous Monferrato region and spend a day getting to ...
"La strada per Menfi e Tebe passa per Torino". Lo disse Champollion, archeologo ed egittologo che pe...
The Ceretto Winery is a member of The Grand Wine Tour: an Association of the finest wineries across ...
Visit the second most important museum in the world entirely dedicated to Egyptian antiquities: your...
Join this amazing experience accompanied by two brothers, truffles hunter since three generations! T...
The first floor consists of the Archeology of Cinema, followed by the Temple Hall and the Film Machi...
Turin is known as the capital of chocolate and nuts. However, its ancient confectionery tradition is...
Take part in Merenda Reale® (royal snack), a delicious and original way of traveling back to the gol...